FAO traders who sell parts

emailed them and got a reply 10 mins later..... :shock: which to me says there on the ball.

Shipping should be between $100 - $150 max, which i thought was cheap concidering they are 2 turbo's in the pack?!?!?

Also asked if there was anything else needed to be added to the kit for a full stage 2 build...... they replied

"the only things you'd need additional are headstuds, Turbo gasket kit, and Injectors"

So my next question will be would they be prepared to ship it as a gift??? if not is import tax 17% of the value of the item?

kit costs £2343.00 at todays exchange rate

shipping £78.98

import tax @ 17% £398.31

total cost £2820.29 :shock:

Can any traders beat that for a like for like on what'sin the kit they are offering?

Neil

+17.5% VAT

You are unlikely to get through customs as a Gift, becuase of the item contents, value and becuase they are coming direct from a Company, if you do get it through as a gift then gifts then Import duty adn VAT is still payable on gifts with a value over £36

If you declare the value as being substantially lower than they really are, and anything is lost of damaged then your stuck for claiming back insurance.

Both Duty and VAT is worked out on the Item costs including shipping.

Import duty is usually lower than 17%

vat would be about £490 on the above example

As a rough example I usually account for about 20% for total import costs

Labour wise....best to speak to the individual Traders about that but you would be looking at around the £2k-£2.5 area for labour

Engine in/out

Engine stripped

Internals fitted

New Harness fitted

Heads tested and any headwork porting done

Engine backtogether

Testing

You might also want to consider a set of bigger injectors and intercoolers to really make use of the Stronger engine and tubs.

yes was looking at maybe 740's but not sure if i'd use them to their full potential, although i'd rather have my injectors running at 70% of cycle rather than 95% of cycle. and again... do i dare say it..... uprated smic or an fmic.... :x: :x: :x:

what sort of BHP would you expect from an engine like that??

Neil

emailed them and got a reply 10 mins later..... :shock: which to me says there on the ball.

Shipping should be between $100 - $150 max, which i thought was cheap concidering they are 2 turbo's in the pack?!?!?

So my next question will be would they be prepared to ship it as a gift??? if not is import tax 17% of the value of the item?

Sorry mate theres not a hope in hell you'll get that shipped for 150 dollars or even in pounds unless it came by rowing boat :p

I've been importing for a few years now and the past 12months it's at least once a week. The rebuild kit with DP & TP kit would cost around 160 dollars by postal method and 200 dollars by courier. The turbos would HAVE to go in a seperate box if shipped by postal as it would be too heavy and they alone would cost around another 170 dollars. For an example, a clutch kit weighing 20lbs costs 98 dollars and by courier 130 dollars.

Couple things about that kit though,

1) the new harness, there are limited supplies of these in the US, Coz normally has most of them, there are certain years/models/specs that have been discontinued and it has been known to receive whats available and alter to suit.

2) Turbo's, this is what is really saving the money by going direct across the pond in this kit, however am sure mechanics here will confirm the possibilities of fitting new tubs to find 1 or both can start smoking right away for a multitude of reasons including fitting.

3) toga high flow oil pump, chances of this being supplied is like winning the lottery, these have been unavailble for months and when a well know Z tuner managed to get his hands on one from a specialst who supplies ALL toga products, the new pump was stripped down and found to be the exact same spec as an OEM one and photos shown to prove no differences.

Now the point of this is show you, what appears really good, is not always the case "sometimes" ;)

There is info there that is only known through both experinece and research and which could the diffrence between a good purchase or a long drawn out bad one, so you may pay a wee bit more from a company in the UK or on this forum, but how much easier and hassle free could the transaction be ;)

Oh and £2345 + approx £200 =£2545 + 20.1/4% duties =£3060 plus any possible delivery fee.

As for shipping as a gift, anyone who imports more than 500 quids worth of goods as a gift, is off their rocker :p

hope all that helps

smithy