Brake light fuse keeps blowing

I've checked all the wires/bulbs at the back and they all seem fine.

The fuse only blows when the brake is pressed but doesn't do it all the time. It will work one/two days without a problem and then blow, and on very bad days fuse after fuse, instantaneously.

Any ideas what I should check for before I start stripping the whole interior out?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

sounds like a chaffed wire somwhere which can be a bitch to find, one sparky I used to work with would fit a bigger fuse or a peice of wire then watch for signs of smoke :shock:. FFS dont try that.

have also seen a bulb cause this sort of problem, the fillament had broken and was swinging down around the base of the electrodes causing it to short outwhen it stuck between them

worth taking the bulbs out and pressing the pedal to see if the fuse blows if it doesnt replace the bulbs one by one checking each time.also look for any signs of corrosion at the bulb holders, that could also cause it failing that Sorry!!! youve got a bit tracing to do