Hybrid turbos "EXPLAIN"

Hi just bought my first 300zx. As ive said in previous posts its a UK manual TT with full history etc etc.

Now i bought the car knowing it only had a suspension upgrade,turbo timer and hks induction kit. It now turns out its Got Twin Hybrid turbos. Ive taken it to my local nissan dealership for a service and the guy said its not got standard turbos as there is hardly any lag and its quicker than the ones he's seen before.

Now can someone please enlighten me on these? I wanted a standard engine with full history as i wanted to get a reliable one as possible. Will these turbos be harder on the engine or is it a good upgrade.

The car has 109000 on it with service every 5000 and receipts for everything including a rebuild 10000 ago costing £5000 by nissan but no sign of anything regarding turbos.

Is there any extra steps i should take to maintain this car or am i just being a strange fella complaining cos his Z is faster than it should.

HELP!!

Stock tubs are hybrid turbos !, but there are many variations of aftermarket hybrids too.

p.s Unless you know for certain (and not just becuase they say so) that your Nissan dealer has plenty of experience with the 300zx I would avoid them like the plague. Very few dealers were ever trained on the 300zx, and ofcourse the employees that worked at those dealers, prob dont work there anymore. Most know absolutely nothing about the 300zx and will never have even seen one let alone worked on one before.

Its not unsual for them to not even know the 300zx is a Nissan!...I even had one ask me if it was a Petrol or Diesel turbo when I asked for a 300zx TT Oil filter, and recently I had one try to tell me that the 300zx does'nt have a diff :rofl:

I know what your saying about Nissan, i had a simalar exp with my clio williams when i went to renault looking the cam belt done! However this man was in his late 40's and by the sounds of it knew a fair bit. But he couldve read it all in a book.

I think i will just run it and maintain it the way i planned.

Dont know what boost it is running as i have not got the car it is away getting a cat 1 alarm fitted.

Thanks for your help, like ive states before this is my first one never had anything with more than four spark plugs and i just want to enjoy it!!

Thanks Guys.

Hi just bought my first 300zx. As ive said in previous posts its a UK manual TT with full history etc etc.

Now i bought the car knowing it only had a suspension upgrade,turbo timer and hks induction kit. It now turns out its Got Twin Hybrid turbos. Ive taken it to my local nissan dealership for a service and the guy said its not got standard turbos as there is hardly any lag and its quicker than the ones he's seen before.

Personally I would be asking him how he knew that. The only place he should have been driving it is from the car park and up onto the ramp! I cant think of any reason why he should have had it out for a road test after a simple service.

Also forgot to say being as 99% of all hybrid turbos on a 300zx are oem based turbos usually with a bigger wheel etc from the outside they will look completely standard unless they remove any of the pipework they would never know so would be interested to hear how they came up with that conslusion ;)

Having only got the car I had asked for the car to be given the once over so i assume when he got in it and drove it on their test road the fact that there is very little lag probably turned his attention to the turbos. Ive found out a little more as my friend works in the dealership next door that this mechanic is a bit of a know all but he is the only person that looks at the 300's as there was a white and blue one in at the same time last year.

I cant really turn round to him and say to why were you driving it, if the guy knows his Z's and he take its for a hard spin then he is liable for it, he probably drove it better than me!!

Thanks guys