Lucky escape on way home from JAE

I was driving back with PaulG when I had to stop for petrol.

Got back on the A1 and got my foot down to catch up with him and was doing 120+ for about 3 or 4 miles on a nice smooth twisty section of road just above Ferrybridge, absolutely flying past everyone else doing 60 ish.

Looked in my mirror and saw an unmarked police volvo in the distance trying to catch up with his blue lights on :(

Slowed down to 55 ish and he stuck on my arse for a couple of miles and then turned off!

Don't know if he just hadn't got my speed or what but he was so far back I must have gone past him miles before at some silly speed.

What a result :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was driving back with PaulG when I had to stop for petrol.

Got back on the A1 and got my foot down to catch up with him and was doing 120+ for about 3 or 4 miles on a nice smooth twisty section of road just above Ferrybridge, absolutely flying past everyone else doing 60 ish.

Looked in my mirror and saw an unmarked police volvo in the distance trying to catch up with his blue lights on :(

Slowed down to 55 ish and he stuck on my arse for a couple of miles and then turned off!

Don't know if he just hadn't got my speed or what but he was so far back I must have gone past him miles before at some silly speed.

What a result :D

I hope for your sake you got away with it. However, the police no longer need to be on your tail to record your speed. So long as they have their camera on and can see you in the distance it is "good" enough for them to either pull you over on the spot (which I would have thought they'd have done in your case as you were clearly doing nearly twice the speed limit) or prosecute you later. I really hope you got away with it.

Come off it Chris. How could he have seen it was you with that smoke screan thingy you have :slap: + the oilslick you normally leave behind. He must have pulled off to clean his windscrean. :rofl: :rofl: Anyway I didn't think your car could go that fast for more than 1/2 a mile without something melting or fan belts shredding and water boiling all over the place :x: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL cheeky git! It's running great since Germany, hardly ever smokes now and no oil leaks after removing that dodgy oil sandwich plate.

Do you even own a Z? I've never seen it... :rofl:

I was thinking the police might have me on camera but they had loads of time and safe places to pull me over and I'm sure they would have.

Only time will tell...

Guest Dave Marley
LOL cheeky git! It's running great since Germany, hardly ever smokes now and no oil leaks after removing that dodgy oil sandwich plate.

Is there any oil left in it? ;)

Guest flardboy

Hope you did get away with it mate and you don't get an unwanted letter in a few days...!

I got done on the way down there by an unmarked Mondeo, made me feel a bit sick... I was only really speeding up to get past some other cars and get out of his way! Still, I was going quite fast before then even... :(

Went at 75 the whole way home - I guess it worked then.

Hi - Is that what we do in this club, brag about the speeds we get away with on public roads? I guess we all stretch the limits a bit when the conditions are right but I can't see doing 120mph on a 'smooth twisty section of road' is anything short of b****y stupid. I wonder how many of us know of families mourning the loss of relatives and friends due to the irresponsible maniacs who think the road belongs to them and have the juvenile idea that 'it will never happen to me'!

Come on guys (and gals) save the burnups for the tracks, we don't want to see more names in the obituary columns, especially those of our members!

Dave

Guest Dave Marley

Well some of us went over to Germany on the Nurburgring trip and drove faster than that on public roads - some people a lot faster. Does that make us all irresponsible maniacs? :x:

Hi - Is that what we do in this club, brag about the speeds we get away with on public roads? I guess we all stretch the limits a bit when the conditions are right but I can't see doing 120mph on a 'smooth twisty section of road' is anything short of b****y stupid. I wonder how many of us know of families mourning the loss of relatives and friends due to the irresponsible maniacs who think the road belongs to them and have the juvenile idea that 'it will never happen to me'!

Come on guys (and gals) save the burnups for the tracks, we don't want to see more names in the obituary columns, especially those of our members!

Dave

Ever thought you have the wrong car?

I bought this car to drive fast where appropriate ie not past a school or in a thirty zone.As long as your sensible a squirt here and there is ok. :tongue: If i wanted to drive fast around a circuit i'd of bought a gocart. :slap:

loads of cameras on that new section chris

hope you got away with it

could be looking at a ban at 100 +

there all just traffic monitoring cameras for jams etc bud not speed ones

if they were I'd have been banned after the ferrybridge meet ask Cadpaul I passed him like he was parked up, might have been checking his wheel nuts again though :x: and that was months ago :tongue:

Guest Dave Marley
there all just traffic monitoring cameras for jams etc bud not speed ones

if they were I'd have been banned after the ferrybridge meet ask Cadpaul I passed him like he was parked up, might have been checking his wheel nuts again though :x: and that was months ago :tongue:

I hope you're not suggesting that you were driving over 70mph! :shock: Consider your wrist slapped! ;)

Why? It's nobodies place to come on here preaching about how people should drive, none of their business.

Mate why the hell are you flaming the guy for stating (What no one can deny) is a valid opinion, and one which he is more than intitled to?

What the hell gives you the right to tell him he is in the wrong car because he thinks doing 120+ on public raods is a bit dangerous? Especially when he is right!

Personaly I think you owe the guy an opolagy.

And Chris, hope you dont get a letter from the law bud :duffer:

I hope you're not suggesting that you were driving over 70mph! :shock: Consider your wrist slapped! ;)

of course not he must have been doing 30mph :x:

road was pretty empty dont drive over 70mph all the time maybe 71mph at the most :rolleyes:

Yeah if its on track in a controled invironment where your not going past cars with kids and fimilys in then fine yeah why should he slate people.

How many times do you hear of a family killed cos some dick lost controle of his/her high powered car at high speeds? Lots.

The gyu is more than intitled to say what he did on here.

Not saying I agree or that I would say it, but why shouldnt he!