Cheap daily driver?

I'm retiring my S13 for daily-driver-duties asap and garaging it to turn into some sort of track project :rolleyes::D

Any ideas for a cheap daily driver to run into the ground? I have a few requirements... :p

NOT French - so bugger off AndyP with your Xantia-lovin' :tongue:

Good sized boot, able to lug loads, and possibly pull a heavy trailer.

4/5 doors

A few luxuries

Manual

Not toooo old

Estate would be a bonus

I'm looking at Mondeos Mk1/2, Vectras, and the like, can't think of much else :wack: - any recommendations?

Cheers

Pete

Guest Captain Slow

I know you dont want French, but you cant go wrong with a BX estate.

You can pick them up for peanuts and they will last forever. I have a 1989 19RD estate with 197k and it still returns over 50mpg.

Scorpio 2.3,spacious,roomy,huge boot,reliable,cheap to run,all the toys,great power and torque,most come with tow bar/twin electrics,go for the Ghia/Ghia X and in estate form even better,well sought after even now,great work horse.

or check this out,old school but what the hell,does the job :)

http://www.zclub.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=484

would look better with them alloys i am selling too! :)

Tony

Cheers boys :duffer: Except Amazon :D:nono:

Honda engined Rovers eh? Didn't know aboutthat - will have a look.

PMSL Tony - old school is an understatement! :bow:

Back off to ebay... :p

yeah i got a 416 gsi rover with a honda lump in it , dirt cheap daily runner for £200 !!

I know you dont want French, but you cant go wrong with a BX estate.

You can pick them up for peanuts and they will last forever. I have a 1989 19RD estate with 197k and it still returns over 50mpg.

I bought a BX TDX Turbo a few years ago as a daily runner. Top spec, came with electric everything. In nice condition too. H reg I think, so had the facelift rear lights and updated trim. £70 that cost me. It blew up, but was a decent car I thought and would happily have one again.

£1000 you say? Omega 2.5TD Estate?, can't go wrong with that. The big RWD Vauxhalls have always been decent cars. The diesels are BMW engines iirc.

media?id=1202543

Automatic, M reg. 98k, met grey, 8 months MoT, full e/pack, a/c, e/h/seat, CD changer, cruise, alloys, e/s/r, FSH, runs & drives excellent, VGC in/out, no timewasters please. £995. ovno

Telephone: 07886 314427

I got a 3.0 24v Senator given to me once that I used for 6 months. Absolutely loved that.