Question

Hands up - Who hates saying "Its a Nissan"

Groups of kids congrating round the zed, I walk up to it and they ask what is it. I Think theyre expecting some exotic make ie ferrari, etc

I say nissan they grunt and go "oh"

My mate was with me a while ago and told this group of young kids "its a ferrari", and they were dead impressed :smash:

There are only a very very small handful of Nissans I actually like. The rest of the marque I have little time for. 300ZXs, Skylines and the old Primera 20 eGT are the only cars that I've been interested. Keep your Micras, Sunnys, Almeras, Terranos and all that crap.

The Pulsar was interesting but had all the looks of an arse hole.

I had a little boy about 8 or 9 ask me if my car was a Ferrari. I told him that it was a Nissan and he just grinned at me. I then told him that it was faster than a ferrari (no going into models) he said WOW! thats a cool looking car mate. "Oh From the mouths of babes?..... :) "

But no I think its a respectable name especially within the Japanese car clubs.

i dont dare discrace the nissan name like that . . . its a scrap heap :x:

Membership No 0780

INSURANCE GOOFA

Datascan, Conzult, ECUTalk and a few others

I have all the rare bits you can't find :tongue::tongue:

A lad at work ask me what my 300 was.... I told him it was a nissan ...and he told me to get fooked nissan don't build cars like that...I just laugh and walked away

That reminds me of this...something Richard said last year after saying that 'Nissan Dealers know nothing'.....

Hey all,

I went to Homebase on Saturday and Nissan were in the carpark with a couple of demo cars. IIRC they were an X-trail, a Narva truck and an Almera.

The rep was a fella in his late 20s, maybe 30 doing his best to smoothtalk any remotely attractive females passing by.

I parked directly opposite him as he showed one rather nice lady the X-trail but she had noticed my ZX and looked up - obviously saying something to him about the car.

"Nice car!" said the Nissan rep, "What is it?" :rolleyes:

"A 300ZX," I replied

"I know that," he said, "But what make is it?"

"Ha ha ha, it's a NISSAN!!!!" I laughed as I walked off into the store....

Richard :cool:

:rofl:

Not too bothered about calling it a Nissan - after all it's a top car :bow: and Nissan have done their sports car heritage no harm at all with the 350Z, which is recognised by many as the bargain sports car of the decade.

Plus I like the look of surprise on peolple's faces when they find out that it is a Nissan :rofl:

Call it a Z32 and be done with it...just enough for people who don't know to go "Ahhh" then not ask any more about it's make for fear of looking stupid but also just enough for people who do know something about cars to recognise it's Z car heritage. Job done. :D

Nissan have made a range of fantastic sports cars over the years - 240z, 260z, 280z, Z32, Skyline GTR's, 200sx's , R390 ...etc

Few brands could say the same !

...but Nissan just is'nt recognised in the UK as a sports marque becuase we got the Humdrum regular Nissan cars and most the exoctic sports were kept for the home market and were never marketed in the same fashion as the regular stuff.

Not thats there is much wrong with Nissans "regular" cars...some of the most reliable cars in the world.....but they are dull.

I just say "300zx", that tends to satisfy them

if any body is naive enough not to know i just tell them its a Z car imported in from japan, a rare model with immense performance. Then they think wow specially brought over!!

A lad at work ask me what my 300 was.... I told him it was a nissan ...and he told me to get fooked nissan don't build cars like that...I just laugh and walked away

A similar thing happened with me, one of the young lads on site said " fookoff nissan dont build shit like that have you seen that new one, you know the one that looks like a VW beetle on steroids" (i think he meant the 350z) LOL .. it made my day hearing that lol