4 x 4 which one

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

well i had a frontera before my zed , i could get to watford and back on 40 quid... 2.2 16v petrol long wheel base seris b fronters 1999.

very good car and parts were dirt cheap

Got a Land Rover Disco 300 its the second one Ive had and I'm lookin to change it after Chrismas for a Disco TD5. When I sold the 1st one it had done 300006 miles and still run well. Present one does about 35mpg not as fashionable as some of the Japs but parts and servicing are pretty reasonable.

Good all round workhorse but quite a comfortable ride. IMO

Guest AngusGlover

I had a Toyota Surf before I got my zed..excellent. Get a 3.0 SSRX or SSRX. They are big, and one of the best go anywhere trucks on the market. Don't go for the 2.4 tho. You can pick up a good, low ,iuleage Surf for about 4k and they are HUUUGE

4x4 or pickup?

New or used?

4x4, diesel I assume? I would go for a Shogun for looks, Disco for go anywhere.

Pickups, I here the Mitsi Warrior is the most underpowered in its class, but then there is a new model imminent, don't know what that will be like. I believe the Nissan pickup is the best one at the mo IMHO

Guest Timmy_Turbo

Yep would agree that the new Mitsi stuff is quality, I would love a Warrior like Macca's nice bit of kit and have a real presence on the road.

I've had loads of 4x4's from Toyota Hi-Lux pickups to Range Rovers. But I would have to say the Surf is a good buy, 2.4TDiseasel is a bit under powered but they are cracking for load carrying space. In fact think I'm gonna get another one, 3.0 litre plus the rear window is ace, wonder where Land Rover got that idea from for the Freelander! Hmmmmmmm. ;)

Disco's (300 tdi) give the best mpg if thats the sort of size your looking for, freelander diesel's are good too (dont get the petrol model though). All the other IMO are more costly to repair & run. Got a couple of disco's (300tdi & td5), freelander, & a Mazda double cab pickup all for sale. I'm not touting!

I here the Mitsi Warrior is the most underpowered in its class, but then there is a new model imminent, don't know what that will be like. I believe the Nissan pickup is the best one at the mo IMHO

Not true;)

When I bought mine last Jan this was what the competition had to offer

Nissan was 133bhp

Toyota Hilux was 102bhp LOL

Warrier with the Animal power upgrade is 138.

The L200 is the best selling 4x4 pick up in its class,I also looked at the others but they did not do it for me.

I know the new Nissan has 170bhp but its UGLY IMHO,I was going to PX mine for another new L200 this Jan however the new Mitsi pick up is as ugly as the new Nissan LOL,So I wont be changing it:(

I have a old Hi Lux..2.2 petrol....good bit of kit. Pulled a 2 foot wide tree out by its roots today like it was'nt there...

They are all pretty mutch alike mate.

Go for what u like the look of.

Japs have reliability over Landys (older ones do...)..

What exactly do you want it for?...

Whats your budget?.........

Not true;)

When I bought mine last Jan this was what the competition had to offer

Nissan was 133bhp

Toyota Hilux was 102bhp LOL

Warrier with the Animal power upgrade is 138.

The L200 is the best selling 4x4 pick up in its class,I also looked at the others but they did not do it for me.

I know the new Nissan has 170bhp but its UGLY IMHO,I was going to PX mine for another new L200 this Jan however the new Mitsi pick up is as ugly as the new Nissan LOL,So I wont be changing it:(

When I said underpowered I meant less performance than rivals.

Shut it Turbot :rofl:

The Nissan and the Toymota are underpowered,Lets have a look again shall we:D

Nissan 133bhp

Toymota 102bhp PMSL

Mitsi Animal 138bhp :tongue:

All I was told was that the Mitsi, although possessing greater bhp, did not accelerate and perform as well as others.