fuel smell/water leaks

been out running wires through the z for a few new projects and found my passenger side foot well soaked which i think is a targa seal,but i also found that the well under the back seat had a puddle of water,any ideas anyone?also on the drivers side i'm getting water getting in to the top pod of my pillar pod cant see where it getting in but is that possible targa seal as well?

and finally i've got a fuel smell on the pasenger side front round the headlight area is that where the carbon cannister is? can it be bypassed? thanks for any help in advance kev

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
and finally i've got a fuel smell on the pasenger side front round the headlight area is that where the carbon cannister is? can it be bypassed? thanks for any help in advance kev

Yes, the CC is in the passenger side wing behind the intercooler. PITA job to take out unless you're removing the front bumper for another reason though...

http://s95014253.onlinehome.us/63104/6901.html

HTH

Steve :)

Guest Steve E
my passenger side foot well soaked, but i also found that the well under the back seat had a puddle of water,any ideas anyone?

Is your Z using water? This could be a leaky heater core and the signs would be a low radiator level and water in the footwell.

Could be leaking T Tops if you have water under the rear seat aswell!

Steve

Guest Steve E
def not using water but i know the passenger t top is leaking but would that cause a puddle in the rear seat well?

I've see this before on a vectra. The hose connected to the water channel from the sunroof had disconnected and the water ran down the rear pillar onto the seat.

I haven't looked to see where the Z water channels run from the T Tops but this could be your problem?

Steve