FFS. the law???

I was on a course today and at 15.00 hrs got a call on my phone from my ex wife. I knew something was up because she dont ring me? Anyway my son Ross has been arrested and her house raided by the police. FFS. I rang the old bill station in Aylesbury and they wont tell me nothing at all. Not even if its true that hes been nicked (although we know he has). I am now sitting here worried sick. I know he is safe from danger and all that but still I am worried. I have no idea what he has done how serious it is or if and when he is going to be released. They just wont let any info out at all. They say because he is now 19 he can look after himself and they aint allowed to tell me anything.

Anyone know if this is true and what I could do to find out whats going on?

Thanks

HI mate hope its nothing serious i understand it must really worrying as you hav no info however your son has a right to inform a solicitor/family. unless a very extreme situation , and as far as the police giving info over phone is limited,apart from exact location were your son is held, hopefully should be fine. you can inform your solicitor to make enquires on your behalf.

HI mate hope its nothing serious i understand it must really worrying as you hav no info however your son has a right to inform a solicitor/family. unless a very extreme situation , and as far as the police giving info over phone is limited,apart from exact location were your son is held, hopefully should be fine. you can inform your solicitor to make enquires on your behalf.

Thanks Nad. I am convinced that he has been nicked with a bit of puff on him? Accoring to hes girl friend who is also in the dark he had a little bit of skunk on him when he left her to go home for a shower. But I thought that wasn't an arresetable offence anymore?

Stella...

They refused to tell her what they were looking for. She went to the police station and they basically told her to go home because they are not allowed to say a word.

Don't worry mate, they can't take his rights away from him unless they nick him under the terrorist act, and he can appoint a solicitor of his choice before he is interviewed,

try and get ahold of a solicitor and go down there asap

you will be able to find your local legal aid center on this page

http://www.legalservices.gov.uk/aboutus/regions/regions.asp

if it's just a bit of blow he will be out before tea hopefully ;)

They arent allowed to tel you anything if he is 19, he is classed as an adult. Hell have to get his solicitor to tell you. They can confirm where he his and that he is in custody i think though. A bit odd to nick him for a bit of weed, although it is still an arrestable offence if they see fit but pretty rare, and to search house is very odd.

it depends on the quantity dude, if personal use then may be just a caution but if they think someone is supplying and can prove it then its a custodial sentence.

Legal status

Cannabis is a Class C substance. It's illegal to own it and it's illegal to supply it. It's also an offence to grow cannabis.

Possession can get you up to two years in prison and an unlimited fine, although most people are either cautioned or fined. Serious offences of supplying cannabis can get you up to 14 years in prison and an unlimited fine.

Supplying includes passing a joint to a mate. If you're convicted, the court has discretion to take account of the circumstances of the offender and the offence before passing sentence.

cannabis

(Explanation of the changes in the law on cannabis)

As of 29th January 2004, cannabis has been reclassified from a Class B to a Class C drug in the UK. Here's a summary of how the changes may affect you:

If you're 17 or under, you'll be arrested and taken to a police station for a formal warning (your parent or guardian will be asked to attend). If it's not your first offence you may earn a drugs conviction in court.

If you are over 18, the police will confiscate your drugs and will most likely give you a warning - but they still have the power to arrest you if you are:

(a) a repeat offender

(b) smoking in public

© a threat to public order

(d) have cannabis near any premises used by children.

Supplying and dealing remains a far more serious offence than possession and the maximum penalty for supplying and dealing Class C is still 14 years plus an unlimited fine.

Here's a summary of what reclassification means:

Before: CLASS B CANNABIS

Illegal.

If you are under 18, you will be arrested and given a formal warning.

Up to 5 years in jail for possession

Up to 14 years in jail for supplying or dealing

After: CLASS C CANNABIS

It's still illegal

If you are under 18, you will be arrested and given a formal warning

Up to 2 years in jail for possession

Up to 14 years in jail for supplying or dealing

Cannabis is still illegal., but the maximum penalty for possession has gone down to two years in jail. If you're over 18 years old, the police will now most likely confiscate the drug and give you a warning rather than dragging you down the Cop Shop.

Guest johndps

Hope everything goes well buddy and it's not too serious.

It's possible that you are not being told anything because your son has told the Police not to tell anyone anything.

He possibly wasn't thinking that his dad would be doing the asking.

Forgiveable under the circumstances, as are all offences.

Understand your worried and your son is probably scared witless.

Time to get the hugging arms on.

He needs support.

Good luck

well just as i thought you lot have been a great help. I have the answers now and its only fair that i share it with you.

He was pulled up outside hes mates house and searched. the police found some pills in hes pocket which they believe to be Ecstacy. they are in fact steroids. the police searched hes mums house and found some more 25 in all. They are doing tests to prove the validity of the steroid story. He has got weights and some energy/protien drinks. so they are kind of on hes side? He has got to go back tomorrow evening to the police station. So it dont seem too bad.

Thanks again. it was a bit of a worry to be honest. still is but we will have a good talk when i see him next. I think he has been shook up (i hope so) and is going to knock them on the head. The police have said they are not illegal to own but illegal to sell. :headvswal

:slap:

Kids eh?

Hi mate as far as steriods are concerned tell your son to stay away from them ive been training for few years, training is about being healthy, eating properly and hard work in gym nothing happens overnight, theres nothing wrong with taking supplyments like protein, creatine which help him get stronger safely, with steriods if you dont have any knowledge about them they will cause really bad side affects which are not worth it.

Guest vigilante

man that sounds dark, glad he is sorted now (hopefully). me and a few friends got busted with some bud once. luckily we got let off though, had scientific branch, riot van and everything haha

my friend swore never to smoke again and it lasted all of a week hehe ;)

-v-