oil cooler question

hi im pretty new on here since buying my first zx. its an import and im about to do the oil cooler upgrade.

i have a new engine oil cooler and will be using the old one for the auto transmission fluid.

one question what is best for flushing the old oil out of the cooler?

thanks

yak - dont clean it out and then use it on your transmission. I'e said this to anyone who intends to do it this way - Auto fluid is detergent like - it will clean it out and get any dirt left in there and circulate it round your transmission....Use your new cooler for the transmission only.

Its impossible to clean it out well enough to use it on an autobox.

yak - dont clean it out and then use it on your transmission. I'e said this to anyone who intends to do it this way - Auto fluid is detergent like - it will clean it out and get any dirt left in there and circulate it round your transmission....Use your new cooler for the transmission only.

Its impossible to clean it out well enough to use it on an autobox.

so does that mean use auto fluid to clean it out ??? :tongue: :x: