Snake Vs Electric Fence (Big pics, sorry 56k)

Just got this in an e-mail. (sorry about the big pics)

An Australian sheep farmer was puzzled at the disappearance of sheep on his farm.

After a few weeks of sheep disappearing the farmer decided to put up an electric fence.

This is what he found!

pic11dn.jpg

pic29gg.jpg

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

:shock:

That's one ugly mother of a snake! Crickey! I've lived in Africa (when very young) and seen some big ones but this takes the cake (or sheep in this case). Didn't know snake had teeth other than a pair of fangs ... Suppose that as they're angled backwards it's to hold the prey in and prevent it from wriggling out of it's huuuuuuuge mouth as it decides it doesn't really want to be there.

Question though ... how did this snake pass through two sets of electric wires (all the while rubbing against them) and then turn back to bite the fence? Wouldn't have thought a snake would bite a fence for no reason ... although I suppose having a high voltage run through your body you're likely to do silly things ...." ;)

Cheers!

Dan >

About seven years ago I was bitten by a twelve foot one of those and as strong as I thought I was I could NOT get it off my arm for about 10 mins.

However once I did get it off I knocked fook out of it :rant: :rofl:

Did it end up the the drink Mac? :bow: :rofl: :rofl:

Question though ... how did this snake pass through two sets of electric wires (all the while rubbing against them) and then turn back to bite the fence? Wouldn't have thought a snake would bite a fence for no reason ... although I suppose having a high voltage run through your body you're likely to do silly things ...." ;)

maybe the current is in pulses - say once per 20 seconds or something - the electric fence around my yard at work pulses every 2 seconds. surprised that snake didnt rip the wire in half and make a start on the giraffes, its hyowje! :eek:

Man that's abiiig snake, I grew up in Borneo and the local paper used to run a competition for who could catch the biggest python, my old man and his mates used to go out drunk with the locals and bring back some monsters!

Just got this in an e-mail. (sorry about the big pics)

An Australian sheep farmer was puzzled at the disappearance of sheep on his farm.

After a few weeks of sheep disappearing the farmer decided to put up an electric fence.

This is what he found!

pic11dn.jpg

pic29gg.jpg

sorry mate it ain't Austrailian, that snake is an African rock python and you are not allowed non native animals in oz