hellllllp!!!!!

:confused: i was driving my 91 NA Manual Z home i got on to my road and then boom, i heard a some weird noises as if something was caught under the car, i stopped got out had a look there was nothing there, but as i started driving slowly again I could hear a nasty grinding noise coming from the back of the car, as if my break pads had gone and the breaks where pressed. i jacked the car up i can turn the back wheels by hand with a bit of effort and i can hear that grinding noise, the break pads are still there discs look to be fine, oh and I noticed that the noise increases when breaking. Any ideas, anyone????? :headvswal

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

yaaahooo :hyper: , thanks for the advise guys and spot on :bow: . There was something jammed inbetween the pad and the disc as when i reversed the car a little around 10m/h i heard a thump and then the noise vanished. i tried to take the wheel of but i couldn’t as they are custom alloys and i don’t have the right tool to open the wheel nuts. By the way do things get jammed inbetween the pad and discs quite often? And if it does is there any thing that i can do to prevent this form happening? :hyper:

Hello all :hyper: ... i have two questions:

1- i want to buy a new alarm/immobiliser system for my z, i am looking for something reliable but also cheap. Any ideas where i should look?

2- lately when i start my car i can here some sort of knocking and squeaking noise which speeds up with the engine revs until the car has warmed up, and then it goes silent, could this have anything to do with the type of oil i am using? "i bought the oil and oil filter from Nissan"??? :confused:

1- i want to buy a new alarm/immobiliser system for my z, i am looking for something reliable but also cheap. Any ideas where i should look?

2- lately when i start my car i can here some sort of knocking and squeaking noise which speeds up with the engine revs until the car has warmed up, and then it goes silent, could this have anything to do with the type of oil i am using? "i bought the oil and oil filter from Nissan"??? :confused:

1/theres a man on here called bob think hes co name is safe and sound do a search or one of the other peeps may be able to help,hes very good though,and understands the 300 very well IIRC

2/probably belt tension check belts for tension and ajust accordingly could be one of the idler pulleys but my guess belttension

greg

bob and the guys .. at safe n sound chester, they will come toyou if need be, and they know what they are doing.. will fit audio system if need be also..

did mine in a few hours alarm, windows audio.. cant reccomend them enough , and all off the guys here who they had fitted out before.

bob and the guys .. at safe n sound chester, they will come toyou if need be, and they know what they are doing.. will fit audio system if need be also..

did mine in a few hours alarm, windows audio.. cant reccomend them enough , and all off the guys here who they had fitted out before.

you have a contact no or website addy for them?

Definatly belt tension bud. Alot of people suffer with this :( . You will notice it happens when the weather is a bit damp or you put the alternator under alot of load before driving, e.g aircon on , radio blasting etc...... easy to do matey. Ive heard that alternators go now and again though but it would make the noise all the time if it was that. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]