Whats going to win? you vote

What will win?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What will win?

• The Z will win
    • The Bike will win
    • Will be a draw

Well TBH I am still in shock of what happened today :shock:

No vid as it was not my bike it was a mates who has the very same bike FZR 1000 EXUP he only weighs 12 stone and was wearing full leathers and 20 years bike experiance under his belt but I will sort one soon I promise!

Rolling at 70 both bike and car in 5th gear and the car pulls away from the bike with ease not a chance was he ever going to catch me!

So we then pull in and decide to give the bike a sporting chance and we both do 70mph in 3rd gear and go for it in the count of 5

The Z demolished the bike yeat again at no point did the bikes front wheel ever get infront and this guy is flat on the tank and hitting 11,000 RPM so now I do know just how quick this bloody car is because at the end of the day if you can get any car to even stay with a bike like that then you do have one quick motor.

Fantastic Mate, I knew the beast would win! :dance:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well TBH I am still in shock of what happened today :shock:

No vid as it was not my bike it was a mates who has the very same bike FZR 1000 EXUP he only weighs 12 stone and was wearing full leathers and 20 years bike experiance under his belt but I will sort one soon I promise!

Rolling at 70 both bike and car in 5th gear and the car pulls away from the bike with ease not a chance was he ever going to catch me!

So we then pull in and decide to give the bike a sporting chance and we both do 70mph in 3rd gear and go for it in the count of 5

The Z demolished the bike yeat again at no point did the bikes front wheel ever get infront and this guy is flat on the tank and hitting 11,000 RPM so now I do know just how quick this bloody car is because at the end of the day if you can get any car to even stay with a bike like that then you do have one quick motor.

don't think you will pull away from me that easily, if the plan comes together ;)

The car ill bet on.

the FZR is a dated bike now, and was not mind blowingly quick, but the jump the car has, is if they are both in top gear, then at 70mph, its to high a gear for a quick acceleration, so when the bike opens it, it will take a while to get up to speed.

My moneys on the car

Love it when im right.....

just wish it was more often lol

Love it when im right.....

just wish it was more often lol

Yes but what was your honest thoughts on both in 3rd gear? Only thing I will say about your comments on a dated bike is yes fair enough it may be,but are you telling me that on a straight a blade or R1 would leave it for dust with the same weight rider?

The EXUP is still a 10 second 1/4 miler at the end of the day

:D

Now its time to get the GReddy Beast down the dragstrip to see what its like from a standing start!!

Yes but what was your honest thoughts on both in 3rd gear? Only thing I will say about your comments on a dated bike is yes fair enough it may be,but are you telling me that on a straight a blade or R1 would leave it for dust with the same weight rider?

If your talking about an R1 against your FZR, then hell yes. it will humiliate it mate.

The FZR was a good bike, im not knocking it, but you cant compare it to the new R1 or 1000cc blade mate.

If your talking about an R1 against your FZR, then hell yes. it will humiliate it mate.

The FZR was a good bike, im not knocking it, but you cant compare it to the new R1 or 1000cc blade mate.

You can on a straight the EXUP is still a 10 second 1/4 miler I know that a new blade or R1 will kill it on the twistys not even an issue.

Two questions Mac...

1/. What terminal speed did you reach?

2/. How do you feel you would stand from a standing start over say 1 mile?

BTW. well done I never doubted the beast for one minute. Nice to hear that the bike didnt get the edge for the first part.

The nearest I have had to that was about a 300 yard run in with a R6 from about 40 MPH and my car left him behind. I was supprised and my other half was furious. She was in the car with me. Giving it "you just couldnt leave it could you?"

Vince.

Two questions Mac...

1/. What terminal speed did you reach?

2/. How do you feel you would stand from a standing start over say 1 mile?

160+ not on a public road!

The Bike would leave the car for dead off the mark,but I think I would reel him in from the 1/4 mile marker hard to say though until we try.Going back over to Elvington soon so should have it all on vid.

You will have to let me know when your next at a runway etc i should have my new GTR in a couple of weeks and once its mapped up it will be interesting to see a zed against a reasonable powered skyline. Dont get me wrong it aint gonna be a mental power skylark but should be pushing 550 BHP :)

Mike

ps then as least you could then have the "skyline basher" in your sig ;)

Mike

ps then as least you could then have the "skyline basher" in your sig ;)

Skyline basher will always be there because I bashed Latz Ugly 32 many years ago,also beat a R34 and a R33 GTR with my old engine so there is nothing at all special about a Skyline IMHO,even Chunk beats them on a stock set up :p

Skyline basher will always be there because I bashed Latz Ugly 32 many years ago,also beat a R34 and a R33 GTR with my old engine so there is nothing at all special about a Skyline IMHO,even Chunk beats them on a stock set up :p

they must have been a GTS not GTR ;) if we can sort something out i expect it to be pretty close if your still running around 1 bar as my new one is not silly power but i suspect it would be different on a track :dance: