Rear speakers in ZED help???

Guys,

car is now finally running sweet as a nut thanks to Option Motorsport and £4000!!!

Anyway, my rear speakers flap more time per second than a hummingbird, I need to replace them but there an oval shape???

Does anyone know where I cna get my hands on a set of these speakers? Or where I can get some replacement ones???

TA.;)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Originally posted by NigelBoyd

You can also mod the car to fit 'proper' rears, do a search on the forum site for '6x9s'.

Funny you should say that Nigel. I got your template through the post yesterday morning.

Not sure why it took so long, it's only a bit of paper, maybe your sound technicains were jealous :D.

I will start making these brackets up for you this week.

I have had a few requested to make 6x9 brackets for the rear but, I'm affraid due to both time and cost's involved in making these I can not do any more after this one. But when I will document how to make them on my site, so it is nice and easy to follow.

Guest NigelBoyd

Stu, thanks for the post - they kept telling me that they'd sent it - but I was scared to ask if it had arrived after all this time! Does it look as if these babies will fit?

Clearly there is no urgency, so if you chose to get around to it any time that suits you, then I'll still be delighted!

Seems you have quite a little industry started there, you just need to do something about your pricing strategy!

:D :D

Many thanks, yet again!

:confused: :confused:

Right guys, you have all confused the hell out of me as now I dont know what to do for the best!!!!

I have to get this sorted by friday, urgent so come on, do I go to Halfords and get direct replacements?????

Or do I try and fit 6x9's!!!!!!!

Or I could buy some direct replacements for now and then sort 6x9's later?!?

Does that sound feasible?:confused: :confused:

I used Kenwood 5X7 3 way specially ordered. Fit with only some new holes drilled and some rubber gasket to make a good seal.

Usuals are 6X4 twin cone crap. Others have fitted 6X9s but I think this needs serious mods in the standard mounts.

Guest NigelBoyd

Yep - 6x9s require a special mounting plate to be welded into place. This may be too much work for some, so the real alternative for this kind of performance is to go with a smaller rear and maybe consider a sub.

The bigger the rear speaker, the more bass you will get from it. If you have decent fronts then maybe it isn't so important (?)

Thanks guys.

Well, I think I will go for these direct replacement jobbies.

I am going to Halford's at dinner to see what they can do for me.

The front speakers I believe are still standard, are these 6x9's??? If so can I upgrade them very easily????

To be honest, they dont sound too bad in the front but then maybe thats cus the back sounds so crap!!!! lmao

I will be going for a sub but I will need a custom box building, does anyone know anyone who can do this for me???:confused:

Thanks for all your help so far guys, makes my life so much easier...........greatley appreciated.....

Originally posted by 300ZX_Newbie

The front speakers I believe are still standard, are these 6x9's??? If so can I upgrade them very easily????

The front grills look like 6x9 but they will be about 6", if they are still standard then you are looking at 5.5". You can fit any speaker up to 6.5" in the fronts without modification, Or you can put 6x9's in the front by cutting the frame and welding a new bracket on.

I will be going for a sub but I will need a custom box building, does anyone know anyone who can do this for me???:confused:
Custom boxes are so easy to make. You just need MDF, jigsaw, sander & a drill and you are all done. I've made a corner box previously for 2 10" subs which I will be giving to James300. But my latest project involves fibre glass and complete dynamatting of the entire rear of the car. Give me a shout on MSN messenger stuartmwaterman@hotmail.com and I'll talk you through the stages and send you some designs and pictures. I would offer to build you a box, but I've already committed myself to 3 sets of rear brackets for 6x9's and a few other bits and what with the new arrival, I really don't have any more time.

Hi Stuart,

Yeah any help with building the box would be cool, I diddnt think it'd be that difficult.....just wondered if anyone had any ready made for a nominal fee.....

Anyway, my mesenger is rs2000turbo@yahoo.com ......

Look forward to speaking to you soon.

Cheers,

Mark.

PS. Bought some 6x4's JBL's £50 from Halford and they are pretty cool, sounds ok but I do have some 6x9's that I am contemplating fitting in the front, FNH though?!?!!?!?

I have a 10" infinity sub redy for a box.....:D