1. 1. How many like cats?

• I have a cat and love them
    • I have lots of cats and love them
    • I am not fussed about them
    • I hate cats
    • I had a cat but it died, but i like cats
    • I have a cat ,when it goes I will never have another

Guest 300z

Im sorry but any dog that has bitten someone elses kid is not the dogs fault, its the owners fault period.

I owned a beautifull Pitbull for 12 years and she was as tame as any god(thats was a type but quite ironic when spelt backwards :D:D) i have owned. she never bit a person in her life.

Dogs are only as bad as the way they have been brought up, at least you can teach them and they really are loyal ect...

And as for CATS not biting kids??................ ever seen a Lion take someones head of? :o :D

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArundaleP

I love cats AND dogs, have had both but a dog would be impractical where we live now. We are at work most of the day so not fair on the dog either.

Any lion owners here????? heheh:p

Paul (and Bastard Cat Alfie)

Guest fat tony

My dog is a German Shepherd and is huge!

Everyone is terrified of him because of what he is!

He loves people and kids (but couldn't eat a whole one!!) and has been brought up properly from a puppy.

As Warren said if a dog is vicious then it's down to the owners!

My dog will sit and let small children virtually climb all over him, he is very calm and good tempered.......but he absolutely hates cats!!

When he was young he would chase rabbits, squirrels, cats, anthing really. But when they stopped running or froze( rabbits) he would leave them alone and look for something else to chase.

Until a cat decided to jump on his face and try to bite and claw him!Bad move! ....cat - 0 ..dog - 1.

Since then( animals never forget) he thinks his mission in life is to rid the world of cats, much to my wife's dismay!!;)

Guest 300z
Originally posted by fat tony

My dog is a German Shepherd and is huge!

Everyone is terrified of him because of what he is!

He loves people and kids (but couldn't eat a whole one!!) and has been brought up properly from a puppy.

As Warren said if a dog is vicious then it's down to the owners!

My dog will sit and let small children virtually climb all over him, he is very calm and good tempered.......but he absolutely hates cats!!

When he was young he would chase rabbits, squirrels, cats, anthing really. But when they stopped running or froze( rabbits) he would leave them alone and look for something else to chase.

Until a cat decided to jump on his face and try to bite and claw him!Bad move! ....cat - 0 ..dog - 1.

Since then( animals never forget) he thinks his mission in life is to rid the world of cats, much to my wife's dismay!!;)

I hope thats not a full size soccer ball:o :D:D

Georgeous dog

Guest andyduff

Errrrrr hehehe

The point about cats causing accidents......

If you ARE giving it some, then this will be in a non built up area yes? How many cats live in non built up areas? Unless they've suddenly aquired the ability to earn a living and get a mortgage, then I don't think you'll come across too many ;) If there ARE cats around then it must be a built up area so you shouldn't be going too fast anyway :p

We've got 2 cats and 1 border collie now. The cats just get on with it, the dog eats EVERYTHING - usually while you're still wearing it :D The dog certainly knows his place though when it comes to the cats - they come downstairs, he suddenly wants to go outside :D

Originally posted by andyduff

the dog eats EVERYTHING - usually while you're still wearing it :D

hahaha ROFL

One of our neighbours had a soppy border collie. She had to retire from the farm when she was 1yr old as she was frightened of sheep. :D Altogethr now, say "aaaaah"

Guest 300z
Originally posted by andyduff

Errrrrr hehehe

The point about cats causing accidents......

If you ARE giving it some, then this will be in a non built up area yes? How many cats live in non built up areas? Unless they've suddenly aquired the ability to earn a living and get a mortgage, then I don't think you'll come across too many ;) If there ARE cats around then it must be a built up area so you shouldn't be going too fast anyway :p

We've got 2 cats and 1 border collie now. The cats just get on with it, the dog eats EVERYTHING - usually while you're still wearing it :D The dog certainly knows his place though when it comes to the cats - they come downstairs, he suddenly wants to go outside :D

Lol dogs usually eat things because of lack of attention, so errm errmm lol

Guest Eric Manktelow

I wouldn't expec to change anyones mind on the Cats subject, each to their own :)

I'm not going to get into a Cat Vs Dof arguement either because I love both, but me and the ex-misses work full time and only have a small terraced house so it's not practical to have a dog :(

(I'd love a Rotty, like it's been said it's the owners fault generally when animals turn bad, there are very few "bad" dogs.)

What I don't condone is cruelty to any animal, It just winds me up when people openly make statements about hurting animals.

If you said the same about human children or little fluffy puppies/kittens then I'm sure you'd be burnt at the nearest stake ;)

But when it's an adult cat, cruelty is OK? :eek:

FT:

Just as well your dog is huge and hard as nails ;) Generally in a fight the cat wins (or runs up the nearest tree when losing so the dog can't follow ;) )

I defy anyone to spend time with my cats, then still think cats are horrible vermin that have to be hurt!

Originally posted by Eric Manktelow

What I don't condone is cruelty to any animal, It just winds me up when people openly make statements about hurting animals.

If you said the same about human children or little fluffy puppies/kittens then I'm sure you'd be burnt at the nearest stake ;)

:p I don't appreciate dogs but I do realise millions of people do and fairplay to all the good dog owners out there which I am sure includes everyone here.

Anyone who can really contemplate cruelty to animals or humans is, IMO, less-than-human.

Join the RSPCA http://www.rspca.org.uk or if you are much more fond of birds than cats try http://www.rspb.org.uk.

And, just while checking these links, I just got sickened by this on the RSPCA site

http://www.rspca.org.uk/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=RSPCA/News/NewsFeature&articleid=1049711311927&newsmode=normal&marker=1

Repeatedly shot, slashed, stabbed, starved and dumped - just some of the horrors that animals had to endure in 2002.

In a year that witnessed the emergence of UK-made 'squish' videos - featuring small animals being slowly and deliberately crushed to death underfoot - the RSPCA continues to be sickened by acts of deliberate and brutal cruelty.

I was about to post some of the other stuff but it really is revolting.

Look after your dogs, look after your kitties, look after whatever else you've got and make the world a fluffier / scalier / finnier / feathery-er (!?) place.

Meep - Gio

Guest Eric Manktelow

Couldn't agree more mate :D

What goes through the mind of some of the sick f**ks that are cruel to animals! :mad:

They aren't worthy of a life of their own, not even all of them put together are worth the life of one animal!

I'd like them to pay a visit to me, and I'll gladly let them know what a f**king fractured skull feels like.

Then I'll dump them in a bin bag on some waste ground, more than they deserve! :mad:

See how they like it.

And they call people like that "animals"

I don't think so...

Guest fat tony

Every living thing on this planet has the right to life......unfortunately that includes some humans!!:rolleyes: ;)

Guest fat tony

No Eric, it's called irony!!

There are plenty of humans that don't deserve the right to life!!

Get it!!:confused:

Originally posted by fat tony

No Eric, it's called irony!!

There are plenty of humans that don't deserve the right to life!!

Get it!!:confused:

I Don't agree with the torture of animals that some sick people do,IMHO it is just not acceptable:mad:

I remember as a kid kicking the shit out of two kids that I caught blowing frogs up using a drinking straw,they ended up looking like blown up hot water bottles:(

So I brought them all back home 23 of them in a bucket:rolleyes:

Originally posted by MAC 1

I Don't agree with the torture of animals that some sick people do,IMHO it is just not acceptable:mad:

I remember as a kid kicking the shit out of two kids that I caught blowing frogs up using a drinking straw,they ended up looking like blown up hot water bottles:(

So I brought them all back home 23 of them in a bucket:rolleyes:

My word mac 23???? You must have been hungry!!!