Isle of Wight trip

Last Saturday, Julia, The Zed and I took a little trip over to the Isle of Wight for a few days....

The weather wasn't too bad - it only rained as we were leaving..... We got given a good spot on the ferry both ways and our hotel was empty apart from us, so my Zed also had the whole car park to itselfย ๐Ÿ˜„ย 

The Zed attracted quite a bit of attention too - when we arrived at Lymington Ferry Port a young lad of about 10, out with his dad, was really taken with the car. He knew exactly what is was and asked if he could take some pictures. Then two guys in the car behind us in the queue got out to admire the Zed. And then when we were parked in Seaview on Monday, a group of young guys passing by stopped their car and got out to look around it too!!

We also met up with an old forum friend - Groover (Graham) and his wife Julie. He still has his yellow Zed, although it's been off the road a few years now. He does have a couple of donor Zeds, so hopefully will get his car up and running when he gets some time ๐Ÿ˜‰ย 

So the important bit - some gratuitous Zed pics; albeit thy are from my phone, until I upload the ones from my camera later this weekend........๐Ÿ˜Ž

IMG_5071.JPG

IMG_5073.JPG

IMG_5078.JPG

IMG_5089.JPG

IMG_5116.JPG

IMG_5124.JPG

IMG_5129.JPG

IMG_5147.JPG

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Also saw a raven in the wild, for the first time - I've only ever seen them in captivity (or at The Tower of London) before... He was probably a juvenile, given his size - and quite tame too, most probably on the look-out for food, as it was near a beach cafe LOL

IMG_5127.JPG

P1070140.JPG

P1070141.JPG

P1070142.JPG

P1070143.JPG

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Looked an awesome trip Richard and some brill photos! I'm heading there in a month's time for a long weekend looking forward to it I've never been, I won't be taking the Zed tho unfortunately as just not big enough for all of us to go in lol ๐Ÿ˜…

ย 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hopsxn said:

Looked an awesome trip Richard and some brill photos! I'm heading there in a month's time for a long weekend looking forward to it I've never been, I won't be taking the Zed tho unfortunately as just not big enough for all of us to go in lol ๐Ÿ˜…

ย 

You'll enjoy it mate. I love the Island, it still retains its "Old-England" charm, no matter how many years pass by..... We're going back in September - by strange coincidence, they have a two day classic car show, the weekend we arrive ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am going to message the organisers to enquire about participating - who knows, I may be able to get us a club display area for a handful of Zeds!

• Like 1

Yeah that's why we want to go to see a more traditional English place , looking forward to it ๐Ÿ˜€ย 

Ah brill you landed on that one then! I'm sure a few zedders may make the trip who are from down south!ย 

• Like 1