Welcome and thanks for suporting the Club! If your car is a TT then go for your favourite premium (98 ron) fuel.

Personally I use Shell V-Power.

Post up some details of your new Zed. We would love to see what you have bought.

Edited by AndrewG

Project 1547 - Out of the Blue

She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went - Simply irresistible.

If it is standard and in good tune / timing etc then good quality unleaded is just fine.

By standard do you mean unmodified or do you mean an NA?

✔️ SWB                   ✔️ Twin Turbo 
✔️ Manual               ✔️ Slick-top
✔️ Seat belts mounted in the correct places...

Hi and welcome - and as Andrew says, thank you for your support in subscribing!

And with regards the fuel question, stick to decent quality petrol; Shell, BP, Esso, Texaco... Normal unleaded is fine for stock TT/NA cars - although a TT may run better on higher octane (super) in the hotter weather.

I have a stock UK spec TT and to be honest, rarely see any benefit to super UL most of the time. I do seem to achieve more miles per tank when running on V-power; and on a hot summer's afternoon, the car feels like it accelerates faster on super, over normal UL.

Edited by RichardS

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Interesting Richard as I’ve always used super in mine.

Can’t ever remember filling up with regular.

Think I’ll give it a go.

As said Art, mine is a UK spec...….

Don't UK and JDM cars have different maps based on the different fuel available?

…..And I have heard the same also. However I have also read that the ECUs can compensate! Either way, my owners manual - and the sticker on my fuel filler cap - suggest 95 RON.

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

…..And I have heard the same also. However I have also read that the ECUs can compensate! Either way, my owners manual - and the sticker on my fuel filler cap - suggest 95 RON.

Interesting the 95 is suggested, clearly tuned for it then!

I'm no expert but I think the 'risk' with lower RON fuel is knocking, which the detonation sensor should in theory control. Whether the ECU can do/does anything else I'd be interested to know

Interesting the 95 is suggested, clearly tuned for it then!

I'm no expert but I think the 'risk' with lower RON fuel is knocking, which the detonation sensor should in theory control. Whether the ECU can do/does anything else I'd be interested to know

Yup - because that's what we had in the UK, in the early 1990s.... Four star was being phased out and super unleaded was rarely - if at all - available!!