December 5, 200223 yr HI Guys 'n' Girls Is it true that jap fuel is 100 octane? and that the jspecs require higher octane fuel to run properly? if the above is the case, then is it possible to retune for 95 or 97 octane fuel? and what wound i need to change? or is it best just to use Optimax which is supposed to be 98 Octane but still substancially lower than japanese fuel? I have noticed a huge difference in responsivness between normal unleaded fuel and optimax. are there any other side affects of using lower octane fuel? I hope this make sense. Cheers Mick
HI Guys 'n' Girls
Is it true that jap fuel is 100 octane?
and that the jspecs require higher octane fuel to run properly?
if the above is the case, then is it possible to retune for 95 or 97 octane fuel? and what wound i need to change?
or is it best just to use Optimax which is supposed to be 98 Octane but still substancially lower than japanese fuel?
I have noticed a huge difference in responsivness between normal unleaded fuel and optimax.
are there any other side affects of using lower octane fuel?
I hope this make sense.
Cheers
Mick