Hello - looking for info on forum car

Hello all,

Those of you who frequent the 350z-UK site might recognise me from there as I'm a regular :)

I'm flirting with the idea of getting a 300ZX to keep my 350Z company on the driveway, to have as a 'hobby' car, and also to have a bit of fun with on track (note the emphasis is on fun). I know they're not the most sensible track car cost wise but I'd find it hard to get excited by an MX-5 shed or similar and also I'm a bit "gay for Nissan" (or so my friends eloquently put it!).

I've seen the following on GumTree which has caught my eye which has obviously been owned by a forum member in the past as you can see the sticker in the window: http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/300zx-na-manual-22/104749729

I'm not sure if the current owner/seller is a forum member so if anyone could advise on that or give me any additional info on the car then that would be great. Unfortunately the seller has uploaded some low-res image onto GumTree so it would be nice to see some better quality ones, etc.

S.

Its my old car, 300zx N/A, i got it from benbecula on the isle of Uist in the outer hebrides and blew the engine up in the middle of the scottish hi lands, i then did a engine change and then i swapped it for a Twinturbo to a ex member called Mid-Wales-ZX, it then changed hands to someone off forum, before the next forum member called spoolmaster purchased it.

Hi squee, welcome.

Nice low price for a zed but note I is a lwb na. Probably no a great choice if you specifically want a track car

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome and the info all. Sounds like the car has plenty of forum history which is always great to know.

BigC - I know it's not 100% ideal as a track car - I wouldn't be looking at trying to turn it into a serious track beast, just a bit of fun really. I tracked the 350Z last month and whilst it was brilliant fun I was a little nervous of damaging it so I've been thinking of getting a 90's sports car which still looks the nuts but I don't have to worry too much about. And as mentioned I do love my Nissans!

Cheers again,

S.

Welcome mate.

I also have a 350 and a 300 N/A LWB,

I had a similar train of thought to you, buy a 300 and keep the 350 mint, problem is, a z32 gets under your skin, then you dont wanna track either of them!! ha ha :)

For the record though i do think my LWB handles nicely for the power it has, though i have some fairly wide Enkeis on mine and some aftermarket springs that were on it when i got it.

Hope it works out for you mate :)