Mine is TK3 Blue isn't it?

Just about to drop my car at the bodyshop and im meeting him at the paint shop on the way to get the stuff.

I looked at the paint code yesterday but not im not 100% sure! Im sure its TK3, which ive googled and its shappire blue from a 92-96 zed.

Im not with the car so cant double check.

Anybody?

Cheers

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Jim,

yes it is mate - the same colour as mine!!

Although I would not just get the paint shop to match it from the colour code alone, as it is a pearlescent finish...... I had some paint work done on mine and the 'shop also used a colour analyser thingy on a good section of the existing paint to ensure a better match than just mixing up TK3. And they did!!

Unless you are having the whole car sprayed - in which case it makes no difference!!

Richard:rockon:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

I used to have that blue when I needed some paint, the paint shop said there is a lighter and a darker tk3 they found out mine was the lighter and once I sprayed it matched fine.

as Richard said if your having the whole car done no problem

Andy

I never knew that - but when I bought a J-spec nose panel and asked the same paint shop to spray it TK3, it was darker than their previous work!! Although they did respray it for free, but only after I left them my original nose panel for them to colour match......

.....that said, I got Halfords (of all places) to mix me a touch-up bottle/brush pot just based on the paint code and they have actually got it spot on!!

Richard:thumbup1:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Yeah I went to halfords first and that always turned out to dark for me lol

Thats when I when to a paint shop to try and see if they could match it, that's when I found out they had lighter and darker for the tk3 paint code which mine was the lighter got there in the end thank god as I thought the person mixing at halfords was getting wrong oops

Never mind got a few cans of the darker tk3 for free lol

Andy

yea, when my make painted mine he said there were a few shades of TK3 - there are quite a few colours that make up the paint.

Its such a cool colour for a zed IMO :)

Agreed. Pictures don't do the colour justice. Having seen AndrewG's and RichardSmith's in the metal it is a stunning colour on a Zed.

Agreed. Pictures don't do the colour justice. Having seen AndrewG's and RichardSmith's in the metal it is a stunning colour on a Zed.

I agree Dave - especially in bright sunlight!!

I wasn't too sure before I bought my blue one as I always like red Zs - I just bought the car because is was a straight, sound low mileage UK spec car. The colour was IMO a bit understated - but having had this ZX almost 3 years, the colour has really grown on me!!

Richard:wink:

Well, its just the TT front bumper that needed painting.

Its been done, but the colour match wasn't great. It is a darker shade than the rest of the car.

Long story cut short. The car is on ebay. Somebody is coming tomorrow and if they like it, they want to take it there and then.

The TT bumper was on, but silver. The NA bumper, wasn't mint and had rotten brakets. I decided id lose the money getting it painted, than put the NA bumper back on.

Yes it was a quick job, only cost me £100, but the buyer didn't want it on a silver bumper! If it doesn't sell, i'll have it redone and a couple of other things done to make it mint.

Also, ive had a price of £500 for a mates garage to TT convert it if i get a doner car. So thats what i'll do it it doesn't sell.

Ive told the fella coming tomorrow about the paint, and he's still happy to come 2.5 hours, so fingers crossed.

If it sells, i'll be on the hunt for a nice TT manual!

Pictures uploading.