Gran Turismo 5 review coming soon!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will get great reviews even if its crap look at GTA AND mw2 both not as good as they are made out to be, and i dont see any reviewers slating this game

Depends where you read your reviews, alot of sites are sent a goody back from developers to inflate the score. I owned/worked for a large xbox 360 site and I gave GTA IV a score of 9.2 out of ten when it was getting perfect 10/10 scores from 95% of 'corporate' websites.

I have been bribed a few times from said developers but always resisted.

Oh and steevo, that would be Duke Nukem forever (the length of time it has been in development).

• 2 months later...

I can't believe it's over a year since I started this thread - the game's been in development for over 5 years and is 'definitely' slated for oct/nov this year. it had better be amazing otherwise it'll be the biggest anti-climax ever! some new facts for you:

Over 1,000 cars - although sadly only the 200 'new' cars (that weren't in GT PSP) have full interiors and full damage modelling. the other 800 are imported from GT4/GT PSP and have generic damage.

Super GT has been added to the roster of WRC and NASCAR

Track editor! (don't know how much control you'll have though)

Fully 3D-compatible out of the box (although count the people who have 3D TVs!)

I've not seen this thread until today, but i'm really excited about the game too, its quite ironic... I completed GT4 again last weekend (i've got a silver ZXTT on it :D)), they've always been such good games, i've still got my ps1 because I still have a working copy of GT 1 and 2

Roll on christmas!!

What sort of things are people playing at the moment? i'm caught between bad company 2 and good old burnout paradise (sorry if I should be posting this somewhere else)

• 4 weeks later...
For real is it going to be on there?

Nice :rockon:

Yes..

Seriously, who gives a monkey's toss about the TG track though? You can't be serious - its got 3 corners or something crap and its on an airfield as wide as most roads are long. Couldn't imagine a duller circuit if you pushed my face into it...

Nurgburgring is infinitely more challenging. Personally, I'd like to see Spa on the tracklist.

anyone know the full track list?

well, each to their own.

Just had a fairly focused effort at finding a track list. Basically, no-one is 100 % sure - still a few mysteries. Most of the obvious tracks are there tho..

Who's gonna fork out for the 'collecters - i rubbed my privates on the box - edition'?

Looks like you get stealth cars.. like in GT4 - remember the all black nissan 89C/92C Le Mans cars? Also toyota gt one and Mazda 787b - all had matt black paint and very few stickers..

Bend me over the counter per-lease..:scared:

• 4 weeks later...

the GT5 pimp is here again: :thumbup1:

Course editor is confirmed - what you do with it is choose a location (choice of 4 confirmed at the moment), then put in how many sectors there are, how bendy they are, how wide the road is, etc. and the game will generate the track for you! not amazing by any means but a nice little addition to play with. you can upload/download generated tracks too. screenshot of track editor in 2nd post below.

B-Spec is confirmed, although it's more driver management. and you can manage more than one driver too! see picture in 2nd post for a screenshot. looks quite cool. and hopefully you can speed it up like you could in 4 so you can get through those 24-hour races!

and go-karts are added too! :rofl: not too groundbreaking again but a nice bolt-on to the main game.