November 5, 200817 yr Right, Looking at parts for a rebuild, just the block for the moment though!! I'll worry about the rest when i get around to it. What would ppl suggest is good to upgrade: So far: Forged pistons Main and rod bearings rebuild kit Oil pump + water pump head studs cometic HD is anything else i'm missing?:D
November 5, 200817 yr there's a thread somewhere mate of good things to change while youre at it. what power are you chasing, as obviously now's the time to do bigger injectors too if youre after 400+
November 5, 200817 yr Author there's a thread somewhere mate of good things to change while youre at it. what power are you chasing, as obviously now's the time to do bigger injectors too if youre after 400+ I'm trying to do my homework, which ones have the bet general opinion? I want to go bigger than 555cc so there's scope later on! I'll do a search, can you remember who posted etc? Cheers, Edited November 5, 200817 yr by stenorth i lied lol :P
November 5, 200817 yr I'm trying to do my homework, which ones have the bet general opinion? I want to go bigger than 555cc so there's scope later on! I'll do a search, can you remember who posted etc? Cheers, plenty of scope if youre going bigger than 555! i think a good rule of thumb is 555cc injectors will take you to very roughly 555bhp. stock ones will be good for (roughly) 380bhp etc. ive been looking all over the shop for this thread - found these three, one of which i started myself!!!! what a tw@!!!! http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=47844 http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=51595 http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=96285
November 5, 200817 yr Author plenty of scope if youre going bigger than 555! i think a good rule of thumb is 555cc injectors will take you to very roughly 555bhp. stock ones will be good for (roughly) 380bhp etc. ive been looking all over the shop for this thread - found these three, one of which i started myself!!!! what a tw@!!!! http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=47844 http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=51595 http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=96285 That's a good start, cheers!! It was always going to cost more than i'd like lol!!
Right,
Looking at parts for a rebuild, just the block for the moment though!! I'll worry about the rest when i get around to it.
What would ppl suggest is good to upgrade:
So far:
Forged pistons
Main and rod bearings
rebuild kit
Oil pump + water pump
head studs
cometic HD
is anything else i'm missing?:D