Adjust TPS

Guest earlobis

Hey, Can anyone please explain to me how I adjust the TPS and check the voltage???

Thanks

little black box on the side of the plenum which has a lead coming off it

how to..

have car started and preferably at operating temp, set multimeter connect earth probe to battery terminal and with red (live probe) place in the plug trailing from the TPS middle wire, IIRC top of my head is white, you should have a reading of around 0.44v if its out by a magnitude, reajust until you get the correct output of around 0.44-0.48v at full WOW it should read approx 4v, ajustment is made by loosening the 2 small 7mm screws and turn the tps slightly until correct output is made

and as per PM if the base idle is still to low reajust of the IAA unit ajustment screw as link i gave you shows you.

greg

As greg says but no need to have engine running to set the tps just ignition switched on, if you have to make any adjustments to the tps always unplug it after for 10 to 15 seconds to reset the closed throttle setting.

Once your happy with the tps settings then run the engine up to normal running temp and adjust the base idle as required.

Daveman

As greg says but no need to have engine running to set the tps just ignition switched on

Daveman

yep i know but as per PM with this guy he has a high idle from cold which is normal until the control valve opens and operating temp is reached, however once car is warm his idle drops off, hence why i told him to get car up to temp, then ajust ;)

little black box on the side of the plenum which has a lead coming off it

how to..

have car started and preferably at operating temp, set multimeter connect earth probe to battery terminal and with red (live probe) place in the plug trailing from the TPS middle wire, IIRC top of my head is white, you should have a reading of around 0.44v if its out by a magnitude, reajust until you get the correct output of around 0.44-0.48v at full WOW it should read approx 4v, ajustment is made by loosening the 2 small 7mm screws and turn the tps slightly until correct output is made

and as per PM if the base idle is still to low reajust of the IAA unit ajustment screw as link i gave you shows you.

greg

4v greg? i thought at WOT the TPS should read approx 5v? Can anyone confirm this?

0.44 >0.46v at 'Closed throttle=ON'. (ie. at idle)

Then disconnect the grey throttle connector with engine running for 10 secs to reset ecu learning.

Once set you may need to set your base idle using the IAA.

Someone mentioned before doing this the other way round. Set the base idle on the screw to +-700rpm with IACV connector out. Then turn the tps till revs pick up slightly and turn it back a touch. please confirm :confused: