Zed hits 157.3db plenty more to go

Hello guys

Have been fitting a test box in the Zed over the weekend to see how well it would respond to audio system , air leaks/ vibration etc .. after pumping 6000 watt RMS through 2 of Lanzars flagship 15" subs i managed a whopping 157.3db mearsured using IASCA rules.. found a good few leaks, the stress of the sound pressure on the door glass is immense and will probably need another 150sq/ft of fat mat to stop further rattles

The sub box : 7cu/ft (back seats out job) 1" MDF reinforced with steel angle bar and fibreglass with a competition slot port

i want to hit 160db minimum for next year when i hope the car will be finished .. which means a new box design to take another 15" and up the power from 6000 to 10,000 watts

i'm hoping this will put the Zed on the map, as it is one of the hardest cars to fit a soundsystem of this design into, given the boot space and cabin size / design

i will post some pics up once i recharge the digicam .. just a shame its impossible to record the sound it made

heres a pic of the sub being used .. there are only 4 of these in the country and i have all of them :rofl: :rofl:

one going spare if anyone is brave enough :D massive 4" voicecoil 3200watts 300 oz magnet (yes thats 18lb ) the whole sub is one of the heaviest about

Price £350.00

pic below

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hello guys

Have been fitting a test box in the Zed over the weekend to see how well it would respond to audio system , air leaks/ vibration etc .. after pumping 6000 watt RMS through 2 of Lanzars flagship 15" subs i managed a whopping 157.3db mearsured using IASCA rules.. found a good few leaks, the stress of the sound pressure on the door glass is immense and will probably need another 150sq/ft of fat mat to stop further rattles

The sub box : 7cu/ft (back seats out job) 1" MDF reinforced with steel angle bar and fibreglass with a competition slot port

i want to hit 160db minimum for next year when i hope the car will be finished .. which means a new box design to take another 15" and up the power from 6000 to 10,000 watts

i'm hoping this will put the Zed on the map, as it is one of the hardest cars to fit a soundsystem of this design into, given the boot space and cabin size / design

i will post some pics up once i recharge the digicam .. just a shame its impossible to record the sound it made

heres a pic of the sub being used .. there are only 4 of these in the country and i have all of them :rofl: :rofl:

one going spare if anyone is brave enough :D massive 4" voicecoil 3200watts 300 oz magnet (yes thats 18lb ) the whole sub is one of the heaviest about

Price £350.00

pic below

the guy that won the db's @ the kent show was running 6000 rms .....so he said .....but the best of the day was 143db's...

Hurry up and get some pictures up mate.......... wanna see what it all looks like

Were all hoping that you hit that lucky 160db mark......would be good for all zeds

Fas

it looked like a speaker box (very big one mind) shoved where the back seats go .. not impressive at all bud .. was only a test

thanks for the vote of confidence though bud . big drawback with the zed is the door glass being pillarless .. the side windows were flexing like hell and they cant be reinforced hopefully they wont go pop

Guest Coopers-SWB

Don't let my boy see he will want one. That poor old astra will be rattling. Does with just the 15" he runs in it. Don't know how he can drive it witht he level he has it at. Look forward to hearing it at the next meet we have. Once the ankle is better that is.

You need any help with it give us a PM and I'm sure michael and myself can come over and give you a hand.

He would be like a dog with 2 whatsits.

Darrell