Advice needed on a vehicle

Get a Trooper they are better 4x4s, not as plush but better, you can also get the parts from Vauxhall for less money.

Isuzu dont look all that i reckon........

I want one of these

media?id=378847388

for the money i think they look alot better.......just wanna know what to expect from them

You are right about the looks the trooper looks a bit farmerish.

If it aint going off road then it doesn't matter how good it is, as for reliablity then I have not heard any bad things about the mitsie, just check the 4 wheel drive works ok and the front hubs disengage when they should, check for under car dents and rust, oil leaks from the drivetrain and suspension, these will give you an idea of if its been off road and had a hard life, and check tyre wear, I don't know if they are front torsion bar or not but if they are not set right then you will eat tyres. The tyres will help you to see if it has loose wheel brgs too or soft shocks or steering box problems.

Apart from that little lot just keep your eyes open :confused:

You are right about the looks the trooper looks a bit farmerish.

If it aint going off road then it doesn't matter how good it is, as for reliablity then I have not heard any bad things about the mitsie, just check the 4 wheel drive works ok and the front hubs disengage when they should, check for under car dents and rust, oil leaks from the drivetrain and suspension, these will give you an idea of if its been off road and had a hard life, and check tyre wear, I don't know if they are front torsion bar or not but if they are not set right then you will eat tyres. The tyres will help you to see if it has loose wheel brgs too or soft shocks or steering box problems.

Apart from that little lot just keep your eyes open :confused:

Thanks alot mate!!!

The Shogun does look nice and its off road ability is pretty good too.

Although Pajero is Spanish for w@nker......

Anyway, they can be thirsty and are not all that quick, even in 3000v6 petrol form. I did think of buying one a couple of years ago but got a Rav-4 instead.

OK it's not in the same class, but it drives more like a car and the 2 litre petrol is faster and more economical than the Shogun. Although fuel economy during a drive to Cornwall at 100mph did turn out worse than the ZX would have achieved.....

.....Still I did quite liked it so I've bought a later shape 3 door Rav now; with the side steps, fat alloys etc it looks as good as the Shogun even though it is only a "soft roader." I don't care though - Julia drives it everyday, anyway.

Richard ;)

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Isuzu dont look all that i reckon........

I want one of these

media?id=378847388

for the money i think they look alot better.......just wanna know what to expect from them

I've got one of the 2800TD Pajero it's terrible on fuel like worse than yer Zed mate, well the auto is at least doesn't do 20 MPG. The radiators have a habit of blowing the top rad tank right off the core if you see any brown dried coolant round the top where the core is pressed onto the tank it's about to blow costs £250 + fitting. Other than that it's a good motor tows my 25ft Caravan a treat and it's pretty fit in 4x4 mode, I've had it on my mates 4x4 offroad course and it handled everything with out a problem. It runs better Yes BETTER !!! on 50:50 Diesel / Veg oil mix. Pulls better and is alot smoother and you get it out a ASDA for 30p a ltr. If you wana know anything more just PM me

Craig

I've got one of the 2800TD Pajero it's terrible on fuel like worse than yer Zed mate, well the auto is at least doesn't do 20 MPG. The radiators have a habit of blowing the top rad tank right off the core if you see any brown dried coolant round the top where the core is pressed onto the tank it's about to blow costs £250 + fitting. Other than that it's a good motor tows my 25ft Caravan a treat and it's pretty fit in 4x4 mode, I've had it on my mates 4x4 offroad course and it handled everything with out a problem. It runs better Yes BETTER !!! on 50:50 Diesel / Veg oil mix. Pulls better and is alot smoother and you get it out a ASDA for 30p a ltr. If you wana know anything more just PM me

Craig

Iv just bought the one in the picture that i showed you..............will be defianetly in touch about this veg oil diesel mix...........you sure it wont damage the engine though?

Fas

Iv just bought the one in the picture that i showed you..............will be defianetly in touch about this veg oil diesel mix...........you sure it wont damage the engine though?

Fas

Na mate

I'm a mechanic rem, all my mates are running veg oil mix 50/50 the motor run's better than it does on pump fuel only time you may get a problem is in the winter as the veg oil is more viscous so ya need to add more pump fuel to keep it moving.. yer ment to pay a road duty of 5p per ltr but it's still less than half price !!!!

Craig

Fas

Snap :rofl: me too,,, the 2.8 is the one to go for as its got a chain not a belt (cam drive) see you all on http://www.pocuk.com :hyper: or maybe in Tescos buying up all the cooking oil :D