dodgy driver window

Guest matty 73

Guest matty 73

help has anybody experienced and resolved this problem??? drivers window will not work at all tried replacin master switch ,amplifier, fuse, checked fuse under the bonnet too. passenger side window works fine. also ive wired the motor directley to a battery and the motor works fine (ie window goes up and down) totaly *****xed by it!!!! any ideas?

Guest matty 73

yeah the relay/amplifier is behind the drivers door panel easy to change. mine also clicks tried another amplifier yesterday still no joy then tried master switch still the same checked all the fuses all ok too. wired up the window to a battery it works fine so i know its not the motor wot else is there to check? its totaly done me at the mo!!!

Had the same problem which was dry solder joints in the amp in my case, but that's no help to you!

But I did look into how I could bypass the amp. The switch energises one of 2 pins at +12V depending on up or down(*). However the window motor needs to be driven either way, so it's not as simple as bunging in a few wires- you'll need 2 relays, plus a multimeter to find out which are the switch feeds and which are the motor lines.

I started thinking about 1-touch up and down, but then my brain exploded.

Mark

* = and an additional 1 of 2 pins if you press harder for single-touch operation

• 4 months later...

I also have a problem with my drivers door window - it wont go up or down if the weather has been cold, once the car has been running for a while and warms up then it works fine. All through the summer months it is fine then as soon as the weather gets colder its back to its tricks again!

very strange