August 26, 200620 yr I would like to replace the exhaust on my 1995 N/A with a Stainless Steel system but don't understand some of the lingo used for them. I understand what a 'cat' is but what is a 'de-cat' and a 'cat-back'? I am not looking for a high performance exhaust, just one that will last for ever (SS) and sounds really sporty but legal. Dave
August 26, 200620 yr de cat is a system that replaces your cat with a straight through system, and cat back is a system from your cats back
August 26, 200620 yr It's deffinitly not legal in Australia, & depending on what state you're in you can find youself with a MEGA fine. That said... I'm de-catted haha.
August 27, 200620 yr Is a 'de-cat' system legal then? Would it pass the MoT? Dave Technically its not road legal to remove cats from a car newer than 1992. It will however pass an MOT becuase the Z32 is older than 1995 as its not in the emissions database so must be tested as a non-cat car.
August 27, 200620 yr the technicality is that it is illegal to remove the cats from a vehicle that was originally fitted with them, but the car goes through the mot for the reasons legrath said.
August 27, 200620 yr Author Technically its not road legal to remove cats from a car newer than 1992. It will however pass an MOT becuase the Z32 is older than 1995 as its not in the emissions database so must be tested as a non-cat car. But my Zed is an 'M reg' N/A manufactured in 1995 so would it be O.K. or not? Dave
I would like to replace the exhaust on my 1995 N/A with a Stainless Steel system but don't understand some of the lingo used for them.
I understand what a 'cat' is but what is a 'de-cat' and a 'cat-back'?
I am not looking for a high performance exhaust, just one that will last for ever (SS) and sounds really sporty but legal.
Dave