Driving like a Dick........

Well guys tonight I was very lucky in more ways than one.

Driving down my street which goes to a dead end theres a little nice area suitable for drifting.

I've picked up a bad habit of speeding down my street and then flying into this area and practising some drifting.

Today did the usual blast down the street and stop at the house, engage reverse and 6k revs then clutch out, drifting backwards in a cloud of smoke and what do I see behind me........a copper!

Quickly stop the stupidity and the officer beckons me out the car, then hastens me into the back of the unmarked vehicle which had been parked at my house......got a massive lecture and a horti.....they told me if I'd hit a kid or that they woulda taken me to the cells and kicked the shit out me.

I held my hand up to the sheer idoicy of what I'd done and they then let me go after another lecture.

I've learned today, if I think I'm about to get a rush of blood to the head and drive like a dick I'll stop and count to whetever number I have to.

I'm lucky I didn't hit someone or thing.

I'm a dick.

Guest lets drift

Lucky you didn't hit anything or any one at least you have the guts to own up. I know it's so so tempting but sometimes we just have to think before we plant the right foot. You could always find a nice out of the way carpark on some industrial estate, and have some fun. LOL

Guest T-Pot

how the fook do yu drift in reverse anyway?

time and a place fella, outside your own doorstep is stupid, glad you got a warning, and not booked, and glad you learned from it mate

You may also find that because

1. It was an unmarked car.

2. They were right in the place where you usually do that maneuver.

3. It was a built up area with kids.

that someone nearby has complained to the coppers. Just seems odd that an unmarked cop car was sat there waiting for you.

Pete

You may also find that because

1. It was an unmarked car.

2. They were right in the place where you usually do that maneuver.

3. It was a built up area with kids.

that someone nearby has complained to the coppers. Just seems odd that an unmarked cop car was sat there waiting for you.

Pete

They were down here to try and catch the young underage drinkers that stoat about just down from where I live.

yeah i must admit im hate people drifting, racing in the street etc (not including putting your foot down on dual carriageways etc) , its not a dig at you but its something i really dont like.

Its more fun to go on a track day and do it properly, i used to drive like a to55er but i thought about how id feel if someone killed my folks etc and stopped doing it

The motorway though, now thats a diff kettle of fish!!

Guest DaveMan

QUOTE "I held my hand up to the sheer idoicy of what I'd done and they then let me go after another lecture"

Mmm... is it though because you got caught? assuming the police had not been there, would you still have not seen the light yet?

Daveman

QUOTE "I held my hand up to the sheer idoicy of what I'd done and they then let me go after another lecture"

Mmm... is it though because you got caught? assuming the police had not been there, would you still have not seen the light yet?

Daveman

I'm not sure mate, but all I can say is the cops were there to point me in the right direction with regards to my driving.

I'm now considering selling the zed as when I think that I coulda killed a kid really ****s me up.

I'm not sure mate, but all I can say is the cops were there to point me in the right direction with regards to my driving.

I'm now considering selling the zed as when I think that I coulda killed a kid really ****s me up.

forget about it, you didnt at the end of the day besides you could kill a kid in any car!!

Guest lets drift

Don't sell.

Yes you were being stupid but you see that now, we all do stupid things and sometimes we don't get it till someone else points it out.

Just learn to accept your not perfect and alter your driving style. You've had a bit of a shock to your system and ego, now you have to learn to use that lesson for your own good. Selling the car would be the easy way out. Continuing with the car and driving safer will be the best and harder way to proceed.

All the best.