99spec Slicktop...

Found a 1999 Slicktop Manual in Japan with 23000 KM's on the clock.. looks mint.

I keep hearing on this site, that it won't pass SVA... but with no engine mods.. can't imagine it would be a problem.

Unfortunately will cost around £11K to get in in my drive with plates/MOT..

Recon that is ridiculous?? considering a Slicktop over here ( that is 6-9 years older ) go for £5K

Snap it up?? or 'a fool and his money' for considering??

On a more serious note: How do I copy/paste pictures into this Thread??

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It's nowt to do with mods mate, a model report does not exist for the Z32.

To see a list of current model reports and how much to purchase already made ones check out http://www.modelreports.com

As for pics, save the pic you want on your PC and just upload it into the post via the attachements button below, copy and paste links is as normal, right click the web page, copy and paste it in your post.

cheers

smithy

It's nowt to do with mods mate, a model report does not exist for the Z32.

To see a list of current model reports and how much to purchase already made ones check out http://www.modelreports.com

As for pics, save the pic you want on your PC and just upload it into the post via the attachements button below, copy and paste links is as normal, right click the web page, copy and paste it in your post.

cheers

smithy

Must be something with my PC... can't copy/paste.

** so you are 100% sure I cannot bring in a Z32 under 10 years old?

If so, bummer..

Oh you can bring it in, you just can't register it :) no model report means no test, no test means no registration.

Only "possible" other ways maybe to register the car first in either the Isle of man and I dunno about this but also possibly Dublin. I.O.M don't have same rules as the UK for a lot of motor related things, erm like M.O.T's :dance:

cheers

smithy

You could pay for the model report to be done yourself.

Trouble is the cost is around £3-£4k , and if it fails on anything (which it probably will on emissions and other minor points), you dont get your money back, and it will cost you that again for the retest.

If a Successfull model report is produced you do have the benefit of being to rent it out to others when they wish to import a 97 onwards Z32.

Guest mowgs

sounds stupid, but does the club have any money behind it, that could be used to get the sva done, and then charge members for the report?

not profit making, just a token charge with a plan to pay back the cost of the report in say 5 years time @ 10 imports a year?

any further income could be used for improving club stands etc?

i know nothing about the finances of the club so tell me if im being stupid, just a thought that if anyone is going to own the report, why not the club?

It's a shame there isn't a model report as there are quite a few tasty late Z32's over there that I've been offered. If you're dead set on getting one it would be worth looking into registering it in another country before bringing it into the UK...not something I would do but might be a few loopholes to be exploited...

sounds stupid, but does the club have any money behind it, that could be used to get the sva done, and then charge members for the report?

not profit making, just a token charge with a plan to pay back the cost of the report in say 5 years time @ 10 imports a year?

i know nothing about the finances of the club so tell me if im being stupid, just a thought that if anyone is going to own the report, why not the club?

Sounds like a great idea (if we have the money). How better to promote 300ZX in the UK than by letting a load of new ones in.

Guest mowgs
Oh you can bring it in, you just can't register it :) no model report means no test, no test means no registration.

Only "possible" other ways maybe to register the car first in either the Isle of man and I dunno about this but also possibly Dublin. I.O.M don't have same rules as the UK for a lot of motor related things, erm like M.O.T's :dance:

cheers

smithy

so - would the car actually need to ever be in the isle of man, or dublin for this?

once its registered in either of the above, how do you then "import" for the want of a better word to the UK? what makes it different to importing direct from japan?

It is certainly a possibility, seems like quite a lot of money and there is a certain risk involved. I think we would have to put it to a vote to spend that much of the club money in one go.

I spoke with Ryan at Z-Tech and he says that I wouldn't have a problem. I'll have to research it more, before I commit.

I would bring it over and get the model report done if there were others interested,

.....but as I've seen endless blogs about timewasters from Sellers... would be worried loads of people would say "Heck Yeah... I'm in !!! I'm There !!!,, buddy, you can count on me !!! .... only to disappear into the shadows when it comes to 'pay the wedge' time.

so a bit of a dilemma,, wouldn't you say?