Best place to get a new PTU?

Guest HECTOR

Hi everyone does anybody know where I can get a replacement PTU other than nissan? I think mine is starting to play up, very poor idle and struggling to start. Anybody know what I can use to clean the connectors with?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
i have series 1 ptu you can have for £20 bud or u can get a series 2 ptu for around £140 ish iirc.

I might have to take you up on that, I've had this problem for a while and its starting to get worse it doing my head in. It gets embarassing when you get in the car in front of a load of people and then cant get the thing to fire!

What are the advantages of a series 2 ptu? is just that they are more reliable.

They look quite straight forward to change, four bolts by the look of it but having said that nothin is straight forward with me!

I bought mine from Courtesy Nissan USA, I cant remember exactly how much but with the dollar being weak its no where near what you would pay in UK, the only drawback being that you need to pay import tax as its delivered. But its still miles cheaper and you have a new part other than a 2nd hand one that might break down on you again.

Here is the link:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=22020-00Z32

HTH

Cheers John Crisp