March 4, 200323 yr It has come to my attention today that ASHFORD, Kent, where I live sells the most expensive fuel in the UK. The UK has the highest fuel costs in the world. So, in summation... ... ASHFORD sells the most expensive fuel in the WORLD! I'm totally shocked by this revalation. Tim
March 5, 200323 yr Mmm. ........dear oh....... dear oh.......oh dear Have seen this happen only once before although it was the lower idle pully on the right hand side and that sheered flush with the block and required drilling and retapping, we got involved after the fact because the pulley was at an angle due to the tapping not been 90deg to the block. The thoughts at the time by ourselves and another workshop were that that when the belt had been changed (in Japan) the pulley had been removed (?) then later overtightened and stressed the bolt with a failure to occur later. In that particular case it was caused by the geezer overtightening it, in Dufflecoats case not sure. Hopefully no further damage is done. Jeff TT Ps. Andy-pandy... wheels falling off jibes are a bit old hat matey and not strictly true, but bad luck anyway...my thoughts are with you...... any one for a beer?
March 5, 200323 yr Hmmm I know for a fact it wasn't over tightened. It may have been in the past but surely would have gone long before now. My thoughts at the moment are that while the upper intake was in my mums garage, the stud got bent and re straigtened without me being told. Looking at the stud there is a definite fault line where it bent - all it was hanging on by was a tiny fraction of the stud - it stayed where it was because it jammed in the hole in the rear cover. It didn't take much to peal that stud off though. I think I could well be looking at damaged N/S exhaust valves anyway - that was the only pulley that slipped - either 90 degrees or 270 degrees - maybe a full 360 while it was slipping. All the other cams were still timed up correctly. Can't find anything apart from the smashed front covers that would have made the sound it did so can only assume the worst. Need to remove the upper intake, replace the lower intake and do a compression test. Then we shall see eh.... Thanks to EVERYONE who has offered their support both on here and on MSN - I've never been so popular lol CheerZ, Andy
It has come to my attention today that ASHFORD, Kent, where I live sells the most expensive fuel in the UK.
The UK has the highest fuel costs in the world.
So, in summation...
... ASHFORD sells the most expensive fuel in the WORLD!
I'm totally shocked by this revalation.
Tim