Oil recommendations

dipone

Question

8 answers to this question

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Project 1547 - Out of the Blue

She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went - Simply irresistible.

Absolutely no need to go fully synthetic , a good quality 10w 40 semi synthetic with a genuine Nissan filter is more than enough to protect the engine and cheap enough to do 5k mile changes.

Thats based on doing + 1000 oil and filter changes on zeds in the day.

6 hours ago, AndrewG said:

Yup - OEM only..... Wix is a suitable substitute, but why deviate from Nissan's original when they are so easy and cheap to buy? Not worth the risk IMO 😉 

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Thanks guys.

I saw Hks filters etc, so wasn’t 100% weather to bother or just go for the nissan ones (wasn’t looking for a cheaper alternative)

Mobil 1 was what I was thinking but saw 0w-40, 5w-30 and 10w-40 and had no idea which to go with

stewiedoom1.gif

15 hours ago, dipone said:

Thanks guys.

I saw Hks filters etc, so wasn’t 100% weather to bother or just go for the nissan ones (wasn’t looking for a cheaper alternative)

Mobil 1 was what I was thinking but saw 0w-40, 5w-30 and 10w-40 and had no idea which to go with

Hi Trevor,

Minimum upper grade of "40" anything else will be too thin at full operating temperatures... 😉 

For some reason, I have never gotten on well with Mobil-1 and prefer to used Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 in a fully synthetic - or if I stick with the originally specified semi, it's Castrol Maganatec 10w40

We all have our preferences, ask 100 of us and you'll get 150 answers LOL!!!

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2: