Aircon Condenser

9 hours ago, Bones28 said:

What are the options for Receiver / Drier,

Open Question for anyone.

universal one are available to replace them, or genuine from z1 or concept so nissan genuine maybe able to source them, but it is the later type and the connector is different. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Black-zed said:

universal one are available to replace them, or genuine from z1 or concept so nissan genuine maybe able to source them, but it is the later type and the connector is different. 

Lol of course they are, as if it could be easy for once. I have a recommendation of a good air con guy in Kent will ask.

2002 Porsche C2 996 3.6 
1991 Nissan 300zx TT Project

1995 Nissan 300zx TT Crashed 🥲

1997 Jaguar XK8 Scraped ☹️

On 13/08/2020 at 20:54, Robert W said:

Visited the company today, dropped off the condenser and had a chat about cost, looks like cost will  be £250 + VAT (£300.00)

This is £25 cheaper (+ import duty) than the one from America on Ebay once postage is added but also less chance of damage in transit, I mentioned depending on interest there could be an order for a small quantity but this did not seem to make much difference to the cost as it wasn't going to be a large order.

I witnessed a condenser being pressure tested that they had manufactured and it looked good so I have asked them to produce one unit (as a multiple buy didn't make any difference to the cost) once this has been manufactured i will post photos of the unit for all to see and report back on the fit and performance of the unit once installed. I was told it could be up to 2 weeks before the unit is ready as they are very busy.

If it's OK then there will be a second choice for people other than the unit from America and if it isn't OK i can join in for a group buy from America to lower the postage.

Sounds good Robert. I would happily take one if all is well. Thanks for doing all the legwork on this and hopefully it helps members in the future. 

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Robert W said:

Hi Bazz,

Spoke with them yesterday, should be ready to collect after this week.

Will post a photo when i get it.

Was it an easy job to get the condenser out as will have to do mine soon?

Thanks Robert, 

Was only an easy job as I left it to the garage as I didn’t have the time to do it myself! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

The aircon condenser was made by BHM COMPAK in Kenilworth, cost  £250 + VAT.

The person to speak with if you want one is Paul and his number is 01926 511304.

I have left a twin turbo condenser with Paul to be used as the pattern for any he manufactures.

If you require a condenser for other models i'm sure he would be able to make them but he would need the old unit to copy.

Rob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I still have mine never got round to fitting it because of covid. Now will have to wait till I get my bodywork sorted and rear subframe refresh. 

Edited by Bones28

2002 Porsche C2 996 3.6 
1991 Nissan 300zx TT Project

1995 Nissan 300zx TT Crashed 🥲

1997 Jaguar XK8 Scraped ☹️

• 1 month later...

Great info guys much appreciated. I plan on ordering one and hopefully ? have cold air this summer, even tho in Scotland ‘summer’ only lasts a few days ?
I know these run an old style of aircon has anyone updated to the more modern? Sorry I don’t know the technical terms .           
cheers