Induction

Guest Cos

After tickering around with the Mrs Rover 416 SLi, the thought of "Aaarrgghh, fcuk it, it's only the Mrs Rover", so I disconnected the induction pipe that connects to the standard air filter box to see what difference it would make. OMG. How sexy is the sound of raw induction, nevermind the extra little bit of grunt.

However, what I do want to know is, have any of you good people ever noticed any difference in induction noise after putting on after market induction kits? I dont mean performance wise but more to do with sound.

drill your air box mate and get a performance pannel filter :D

thats what ive done with my corsa and im going to do with my mates 214 i know it sounds a bodge but if you do it in the right place then no dirt can get in the engine cos obviously it goes throug the filter first i wouldnt fancy doing it to something like my Z though lol

I have just fitted an Apexi induction.

I can hear a little more whistle but this may just be my turbo's on their way out :(. It does sound like a vacuum whistler rather that a hissing whistle if you know what I mean, So I assume this is the induction. Wasn't there with the standard air filter box on tough.

Mind you something which really is embarrassing .... I drove past a granny who thought I tooted her the other day. She started waving at me. The problem is I didn't toot... It was the bloody goose honk :o . Ordered BOVS now so within a few weeks I'll drive pass her again and scare the crapp out of her with a very loud

A couple of mates have mk 2 8v Golf's and drilling the air-boxes on those liitle baby's gives an excellent induction noise.

Have Blitz on the Z and cannot hear any induction noise whatsoever! but don't let that put you off, you gotta get air in and the gases out as efficiently as poss, so get an induction kit, then let those cats out of the bag!

No no no. You mis-understood me. I do have an induction kit on my Z. It's a HKS mushroom.

What I was curious about was whether any of you guys also with induction kits could here any induction due to your mod and if so, what kind of filter you had.

This is a totally superficial thread and I'm just asking for "Hundreds & Thousands" on top of the icing on the cake. I am aware that getting plenty of air in is the main priority but seeing I am in ore of my new found noise, I wanted it on my pride and joy.

Nevermind, I can't have it all.

Originally posted by james300

Have Blitz on the Z and cannot hear any induction noise whatsoever!

Yea but James did you fit it? If not you won't hear much at all,When I fitted my Blitz and took the car out for a thrash, It was louder;)