Welcome to the new server and forum software

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi people,

Listen guys ive gotta be truthful, the new site looks awful!

im a graphic designer so ive got to look at colour etc all day long to see which ones go together etc!

the new site is def not user friendly like the original one. lots going on, very confusing.... someone who is slightly colour blind, (many people, you'l be suprised!) would have a hard time getting to grips with it...

Sorry Craig mate, dont be mad. i know u prob worked really hard but i cant help but think every1's just being nice...

Jaz

Hi Jaz

- "site looks awful" that's your opinion, not "truth".

- "im a graphic designer so ive got to look at colour etc all day long to see which ones go together". Hi Granny, here's some eggs - would you like me to teach you how to suck 'em?

- In the days when I used to do this for a living, there is no way that a graphic designer who couldn't spell or punctuate or do grammar would get any of my business. Not even if they thought they knew how colours go together.

Can't be bothered with this.

Jaz, if you would like to design and host a forum, I will be delighted to come and have a look. If I like it, I will even be happy to pay a sub.

If you can't be bothered, please do not throw people's efforts in their faces. Of course we're being nice - that's what human beings do to each other.

Guest Dave Marley
Originally posted by jaz

Sorry Craig mate, dont be mad. i know u prob worked really hard but i cant help but think every1's just being nice...

I wasn't keen on the standard yellow colours either, so I went into the user options and chose one of the other style sets. You may like to do the same.

If you still don't like it, don't bother coming back to tell us...

gio is right jaz, if you dont like it then dont come here, there is no need to throw craigs effort back in his face. I dont really like the yellow scheme, but do you see me going round telling craig its a piece of poo? no! i change it in my profile! As for being easy to use, imo this is much more user friendly, look at the fornt page, well laid out and far more descriptive than the old forum, you can actually log in and ou, you can make posts without having to enter you name.password each time, you can use any common posting features at the touch of a button, you can attach images instead of farting aound uploading it. vBulletin is well known for being the best that you can get in the bulletin board industry, so if you dont like i then your in trouble!

I think it is ok, I am seriously colour blind and I can use it all ok, as long as it isn't yellow on cream it should be ok. As long as the colours contrast well against each other then colourblind people are fine,

Strangely, even though im colour blind I can match colours together quite well (well at least i think i can)