July 2, 200917 yr Just wondering what is the best way to go to get a SWB 300tt handling better suspension wise? My thoughts from what I have found on the forum are: Hicas removal Rear camber arms Front camber arms Coil overs Uprated anti roll bars Front strut brace What about rear upper traction arms?, front adjustable tension rods? rear strut brace? Anything else to add?
July 2, 200917 yr Got to be careful how far you go as it might become to unforgiving for normal road use, unless you like that type of ride - some do.
July 2, 200917 yr Author I actually prefer a firm ride, as long as it doesn't skip across the road. From this set up I can loose the weight/complication of the hicas, set the ride quality/height how I like it and be able to adjust the camber for grip etc will I not? I'm not really 100% sure of the set up on the 300, but from what I found using the search function, this would give me the ride/handling options I'm after and be able to adjust pretty much everything?
July 2, 200917 yr All good so far. The next step would be replacing the bushes that are left after fitting the adjustable arms, with polyurethane bushes. Subframe spacers help reduce subframe movement in the rear which reduces wheel hop on acceleration. Polyurethane steering Rack bushes help give more response and feel to the steering. A Rear strut brace makes a more noticable difference than the front strut brace. Tyre and Suspension geometry choice makes one of the biggest differences. The stock geometry can be improved with some more negative camber and a little extra castor and parallel toe. A decent race alignment garage will be able to improve on the stock alignment setup. Edited July 2, 200917 yr by Yowser
July 2, 200917 yr Author So add: Polyurethane bushes in the rear Polyurethane bushes in the steering rack Alignment (obviously) to: Hicas removal Rear camber arms Front camber arms Coil overs Uprated anti roll bars REAR strut brace What's this about "Subframe spacers"? i get the principle, but more info to help my understanding would be cool :) As you may have guessed my head has a plan lol...........
July 2, 200917 yr The rear subframe is a floating system on gell filled rubbers. However as these wear they start to allow excessive movement in the subframe. The spacers fit between the the stock rubbers and the mounting plates and stop the subframe play but still utilise the cushioning of the stock rubbers to eliminate vibration and noise.
July 2, 200917 yr Author Ah I get you, As I've never been under a 300 to see what's what (seen a few sketchy photos) wasn't sure what you meant but make perfect sense now, Cheers buddy!
July 3, 200917 yr Decent tyres, otherwise you wont be getting the best out of any of the mods. And a rare one that im going to be doing at some point, driver tuition, no offence and you might already be a racing driver, but i think thats got to be the 2 best handling mods money can buy. Cheers danny
Just wondering what is the best way to go to get a SWB 300tt handling better suspension wise? My thoughts from what I have found on the forum are:
Hicas removal
Rear camber arms
Front camber arms
Coil overs
Uprated anti roll bars
Front strut brace
What about rear upper traction arms?, front adjustable tension rods? rear strut brace?
Anything else to add?