March 15, 200917 yr Ok, my UK twin turbo has been running a custom stainless decat with four 2.5" tailpipes and two small sport backboxes for about 18 months now. The car sounds great, and has just begun to start popping when I lift off the accelerator. I am now thinking of having the two silencers removed. Obviously I know it will make the car louder, but, will it also make the car sound much different; both on tickover and on full boost? Also does anybody have any ideas whether it will pop and bang with no silencers installed? Cheers, Dan
Ok, my UK twin turbo has been running a custom stainless decat with four 2.5" tailpipes and two small sport backboxes for about 18 months now.
The car sounds great, and has just begun to start popping when I lift off the accelerator.
I am now thinking of having the two silencers removed.
Obviously I know it will make the car louder, but, will it also make the car sound much different; both on tickover and on full boost?
Also does anybody have any ideas whether it will pop and bang with no silencers installed?
Cheers, Dan