Looks like we get ripped off again!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Labour my arse.

They are progressively destroying this country piece by piece. I am no conspiracy theorist but for fook sake what more do they need to do before people start to see whats happening here?

out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out!

:(

out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out!

Fookin right!

yeah but i mis read it but on another article i read it was a lot different to this, the facts were different!!

Its me being thick then: "The government has admitted that the new higher car tax band for heavily polluting cars will apply to vehicles registered as far back as 2001"

I read that as meaning cars 2001 and newer would have to pay it?

general elections tomorrow, im voting conservative, i know its not the major elections but its a start

also, if people vote boris johnson for london mayor it will be a big blow to brown as boris is a conservative not like red ken who is a pure labour tax dealer

Guest Coopers-SWB

But then when you read what it says under the video it is cars up to 7 years old.

Still confused.

Will obviously be more money to pay.

Perhaps we should all dump our untaxed cars in Downing street. Ow I forgot, you can't drive along it anymore.

Think I will get one more year before it goes up.

Darrell

general elections tomorrow, im voting conservative, i know its not the major elections but its a start

also, if people vote boris johnson for london mayor it will be a big blow to brown as boris is a conservative not like red ken who is a pure labour tax dealer

I am getting a head ache so I think they should be lined up outside the houses of Parliament and shot at dawn. Then they should knock big ben down and build a car park for our cars as we will become the new government aptly named the LIBERALZ TURBOCRATS. :D

It was thought vehicles up to seven years old would be exempt from the shake-up, designed to penalise high emissions.

But now it has emerged their owners will have to pay the new road duties after all.

Erm - where does it say in that article that it will affect cars over 7 years old?!?

just for a bit of perspective think how much energy, as well as money the gov't get from tax ie £1M per day, is being wasted by shutting down grangemouth refinery and the Fortes pipeline for this minor dispute. I work in the oil and gas industry and i can tell you it would make CO2 emissions from every car in the country for the year seem like small change. Not to mention the additional contribution from transporting in reserves and having to ramp up future production for next few months to make up for the loss.

In my opinion there is something murky going on with that strike because it makes no sense that the owners and the gov't have let it go this far but just an example how the gov't is using "green" issues as tax generation.

Also bear in mind that I heard yesterday (admittedly from an interview with Cameron so likely to be biased) the gov't is trading on the 3rd biggest budget deficit in the world after Hungary, Paraguay and someone else. This means it is trying to claw in as much money as possible to stay afloat.

I also agree with the comment that we are doing more good than any high moral opinion Prius driver by recycling an old car. The energy consumption in making a car (forging the steel for the block being a major one) always far exceeds that of its fuel consumption over its lifecycle. Not even to mention the energy to make a car with 2 engines and a battery full of nasty difficult to extract heavy metals.

As ever this is nothing to do with the environment and everything to do with TAX.....!

I am getting a head ache so I think they should be lined up outside the houses of Parliament and shot at dawn. Then they should knock big ben down and build a car park for our cars as we will become the new government aptly named the LIBERALZ TURBOCRATS. :D

Here's a suggestion for our first policy decision, reduce fuel duty and cap manufacturers petrol and diesel prices.

Recon we'll get in with this one!!!

Have a few more to win the rest of the working population over.

according to an article in the evening standard this evening the new car tax bands WILL NOT apply to vehicles registered before 2001

i apologise for confusing everybody, but that sky article definitely sounded like it was going to affect all cars

once again, sorry about that!

it looks we pay 195 quid or whatever it is