Potential new owner !

supercat

Hi all, i am , at the moment looking for my first zx, and was wondering if anyone can give me some much needed advice, on ownership of the said car ? ie; drive, spares, insurance, etc etc etc thanks Rob.

welcome to the site mate ,theres a good faq section on here thats worth a read through, i,m a newbie myself so not much help im afraid

Hi all, i am , at the moment looking for my first zx, and was wondering if anyone can give me some much needed advice, on ownership of the said car ? ie; drive, spares, insurance, etc etc etc thanks Rob.

trysearch.gif

Its all there mate, just use the search button and all will be revealed ! ;)

Welcome to the forum, hope you are retarded or rich !

Alan..............

Welcome.

As already said try a search. To get a balanced view on these cars read as many articles by different people as you can find, people have had various experiences, ie insurance varies, repair costs etc, one thing to be mindfull off is these are not run of the mill cars and many garages either will not touch them or if they do will charge an arm and a leg because of what they are.

My experiences are

1. Drive = :D , take a run in one and you will be hooked.

2. Spares = Not as bad as you might think if you shop around.

3. Insurance = Cheap, classic policy limited milage and i,m an old fart.

2. Fuel = dont ask, not bad on a run, crap around the doors

If you still need some advice then come back and ask.

Then decide whether a 300ZX is for you.

Its a lot of car for not a lot of cash, but you need to look after them.

2. Fuel = dont ask, not bad on a run, crap around the doors

If you still need some advice then come back and ask.

Then decide whether a 300ZX is for you.

Its a lot of car for not a lot of cash, but you need to look after them.

If you are after an every day runner, ask if you can live with 15mpg !!

If you can, you are rich.

If not, then be a retard, like us !!

A classic policy with limited mileage etc will help. A lot of owners use them as a second car, so this makes it easier to afford.

They are a spectacular car to own and run, but as with everything that glitters, they do cost.

Seriously tho, do your research and finances first. You dont wanna buy one and then cant afford to run it.

Pretty sure that most Scottish members on here would even be willing to go with you, locally, to a potential sale. Be prepared to travel to find the right one. Jap ones tend to be better off in the rust dept, depending how long they have been in this country, but may be a little bit dearer to insure. But it may be dearer to get a UK one welded up, so its six and half a dozen.

Depends on your age, and how much your budget is.

Cheers,

Alan..........................

As a rough guide buddy, expect around 200 miles from a tank of gas !!

More if you are carefull on the motorway, or less if you have a heavy right foot !!

And with these cars, its hard not too !!

A well cared for UK manual is probably the prefered choice, but hard to come by.

I prefer Auto myself, but its down to personal choice.

Best advice I can offer is drive the two and see what you think.

The auto is under rated in my opinion, and most people with that opinion are actually wary of it !! Amatuers !!

Alan..........

Welcome to the club mate,as said above don't buy the first one you see and as big mincey said be prepared to travel to get a good one,i've had my import now for nearly 3 years and touch wood haven't had a problem with it,i looked at few up here but i always found problems on one ,ended up going down to Kidderminster and got my 94 J-spec,mines is manual and wasn't sure about auto until i drove my mates Twin turbo auto 2 months ago and WHAT A CAR!!

So personally i would have a Zed in manual or auto now....Amazing cars