Warning -all Members Please Read

Have just chatted with my cousin who is a computer programmer, wondered why he hadnt been online for a while.

There is a real nasty virus going around. You might receive an email stating 'Invitation' only, nothing else. if you open it, bye bye computer.

It got through all his firewalls, AVG etc. destroyed his entire hard drive.

If you get one like this, from an unknown source DO NOT OPEN it, just delete straight away.

This might be old news to some, but its still very much around.

Stu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Have just chatted with my cousin who is a computer programmer, wondered why he hadnt been online for a while.

There is a real nasty virus going around. You might receive an email stating 'Invitation' only, nothing else. if you open it, bye bye computer.

It got through all his firewalls, AVG etc. destroyed his entire hard drive.

If you get one like this, from an unknown source DO NOT OPEN it, just delete straight away.

This might be old news to some, but its still very much around.

Stu

Thanks for the heads up, but I would question his virus scanner. I dont think the free AVG integrates into email.

I doubt his data is completely lost. Only if the virus filled every part of the disc with 0s or 1s 10 times, of if the platers have smashed would his data be lost.

Tell him to look for a program called getdataback for NTFS, it will get his stuff he needs.