british buldogs

i do love them but they suffer alot from breathing problems and tell him he needs to keep the dog lean as they suffer from weight gain really easily as well.

best be is to search the net for the main things to look out for :)

Mike

cheers bud, he has searched the web for some time now, but he was just wondering if there is anything else to know from people who have owned them

cheers bud, he has searched the web for some time now, but he was just wondering if there is anything else to know from people who have owned them

we have only ever had boxers which are very closely related to the bulldog and do suffer from some of the same stuff as them, make sure he gets decent pet insurance for it!! we use M&S pet insurance and make sure when he takes it to the vets they keep an eye on its heart as they suffer from heart murmers (hole in the heart)

i had to have my boxer pup put down when he was 4 months old because he had a murmer and he started having heart attacks the poor little bugger :( broke my heart and the little love even wanted to go outside when he was waiting at the vets to go to the loo :cry:

havnt had a dog for a while after that but we now have another little one :) shes ace and certainly brightened up our lives :cool:

my ex sister had one, they are lovely dogs, they are very unactive and suffer from sores under the folds of skin on their face so need cream putting on them regularily to try and prevent the poor things from being in pain, also get ready for the slavver, snoring, farting etc

we have only ever had boxers which are very closely related to the bulldog and do suffer from some of the same stuff as them, make sure he gets decent pet insurance for it!! we use M&S pet insurance and make sure when he takes it to the vets they keep an eye on its heart as they suffer from heart murmers (hole in the heart)

i had to have my boxer pup put down when he was 4 months old because he had a murmer and he started having heart attacks the poor little bugger :( broke my heart and the little love even wanted to go outside when he was waiting at the vets to go to the loo :cry:

havnt had a dog for a while after that but we now have another little one :) shes ace and certainly brightened up our lives :cool:

thats sad nothing worse than having to play god and having an animal put down had to do it with a kitten that got bit on the spine it could walk but had to have its tail amputated first as it killed the nearves but it had no control of its bowls either

had to part with my english mastiff when split with ex wife that broke my heart

Anyway bull dogs also suffer from heart murmers too, a friend of mine just bred hers had 7 pups sold them for 2k each, but dont think thats a good advert as some will use it as a money making idea and use the dog as a puppy machine instead of breeding to improve the breed as breeding should be done

and thats not just sarah lol

nah hun if that was me i would have added.....swearing, nagging, smoking, whinging, bad attitude,objectionable etc................... :rolleyes: :cool:

nah hun if that was me i would have added.....swearing, nagging, smoking, whinging, bad attitude,objectionable etc................... :rolleyes: :cool:

lol swearing, smoking, drinking, belchin, farting, bit of attitude i can deal with in a woman its how a woman should be, that way i can get away with it lol but the nagging oooooooooooooooo NO!

lol swearing, smoking, drinking, belchin, farting, bit of attitude i can deal with in a woman its how a woman should be, that way i can get away with it lol but the nagging oooooooooooooooo NO!

couldnt agree more although they all come with the last part of your statement :wack: