Is it wrong?

was thinking the other day when me and the missus have kids (next couple of years) to get your kids to do stuff that u never got a chance to do?

i always thought i had the skill to make it as a footballer (played sunday league etc) but never made it

is it wrong to live your life so to speak in your kids eyes?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
was thinking the other day when me and the missus have kids (next couple of years) to get your kids to do stuff that u never got a chance to do?

i always thought i had the skill to make it as a footballer (played sunday league etc) but never made it

We have no kids..but I dont think your wrong..you wanted to be rich, famous etc so why should'nt you push your kids for the same...especially if they show skill...everyone will want the best for their kids and have hopes

i always think that. i dream that if i ever have kids (which i can not see happening) of them being a big name in motorsport, for that reason i only want boys! I got visions of taking the to shows etc, go karting and rally driving. People say im selfish if i do and that i should let them choose their own path in life. I want them to follow on in the familys interests in cars. Knowing me i would have a boy and hed want to be a ballet dancer or something!!

i always think that. i dream that if i ever have kids (which i can not see happening) of them being a big name in motorsport, for that reason i only want boys! I got visions of taking the to shows etc, go karting and rally driving. People say im selfish if i do and that i should let them choose their own path in life. I want them to follow on in the familys interests in cars. Knowing me i would have a boy and hed want to be a ballet dancer or something!!

I cant see me having kids either..Im 31! If your lucky enough to have them..guide them and hope they will latch on!

I cant see me having kids either..Im 31! If your lucky enough to have them..guide them and hope they will latch on!

THE THOUGHT OF HAVING THEM MAKES ME SHIVER AND WHEN PEOPLE DO HAVE THEM I ALWAYS THINK WHY???? soz caps lock. Im not maternal at all infact im so unmaternal it scares me!!

THE THOUGHT OF HAVING THEM MAKES ME SHIVER AND WHEN PEOPLE DO HAVE THEM I ALWAYS THINK WHY???? soz caps lock. Im not maternal at all infact im so unmaternal it scares me!!

You have such a fantasic figure...dont ruin it!! Its a shame we girls cant order our kid over the web...

yeah my mum way 7 stone size 8 she had me and went to a size 18 and has never been able to change back again!!

just not a baby person, thry do not thrill me!

yeah my mum way 7 stone size 8 she had me and went to a size 18 and has never been able to change back again!!

just not a baby person, they do not thrill me!

me neither...everyone I know has them and they've let themselves go..I wanna spend my money on my cars and have my independance...but they say when we get older we'll regret it...though dont have to get a babysitter for the car..!!!

would always teach my children (if i had any of them) to stand up for themselves and take no shit from no one, i was always told to tell the teacher or contact the police (like that fookin worked)

wasnt till my mate took me boxing that i realised sticks and stones may break my bones, but a sharp jab to he chin will imobilise someone in seconds

but yeah i would also get them into something that would earn them money and respect (as long as it was legal lol)

me neither...everyone I know has them and they've let themselves go..I wanna spend my money on my cars and have my independance...but they say when we get older we'll regret it...though dont have to get a babysitter for the car..!!!

this is how selfish i really am i guess, i only worry about it because i will have no one to look after me when im an old person!!

this is how selfish i really am i guess, i only worry about it because i will have no one to look after me when im an old person!!

Yeah!! though I'll try to rely on my cousins kids!!!! Hopefully they'll come and visit.bring me a food parcel and polish for my.."well old by then" Zed :dance:

just not a baby person, thry do not thrill me!

I was a size 6 before I had my three and my eldest is 8 now and I never did manage to get my figure back. I hate my friends who seem to bouce back into their size nothing clothes 5 mins after giving birth!!

I was a size 6 before I had my three and my eldest is 8 now and I never did manage to get my figure back. I hate my friends who seem to bouce back into their size nothing clothes 5 mins after giving birth!!

it runs in the family so it will deffo happen to me so i will be holding out as long as possible lol

it runs in the family so it will deffo happen to me so i will be holding out as long as possible lol

Dont blame you at all!! lol Wish I had noticed my mum never got her figure back before I got pregnant!!! Doh!!! :mad:

Please take no offence here dude, but if I read what your saying correctly yeh I think your wrong (as in you would like your kids to be footballers). Hopefully you had the chance to make your own mind up what you wanted to do, it may or may not have worked out but hopefully you had that chance at your own freedom!!!

If your kids want what you want for them all power to ya, but you have to be willing to accept that they may not want the same as you, and in that circumstance you need to be able to support and back them 100% to chase after their own dreams and take pleasure in the joy they get from doing that - all IMHO of course ;)

Please take no offence here dude, but if I read what your saying correctly yeh I think your wrong (as in you would like your kids to be footballers). Hopefully you had the chance to make your own mind up what you wanted to do, it may or may not have worked out but hopefully you had that chance at your own freedom!!!

What he said :D

Guest TonyT1965

so long as they're happy in what they;re doing, and dont hurt anyone i think its cool for kids to make their own decisions in life..

i'm a big believer in letting people make their own mistakes.. all i can offer to my kids is help and advise whenever its needed.. if they choose to go against it then they must accept the consequences...

my eldest lad is 8, does karate (brown belt), is in the football team, goes swimming, plays on his playstation, is in the school performing arts group, the choir, plays recorder and a few other things...

my point is that as far as i'm concerned so long as hes happy to do all this then i'm happy to support him... some miht frown on the choir and the recorder, but HE wants to do it, and its HIS life...

i'm lucky in that hes very good academically, and also a good lad who will go out of his way to help others.. he does have his moments tho, as all kids do...

let em do things their way, guide them well and with sound morals and they'll turn out fine..

T

hmmm i beleive children so do as they are told. I always had to and it never did me any harm, sure, they should enjoy things they like doing. but they should also have to par take in things they dislike because through life they will have to do things that they do not want to do.

i was forced into joining raf cadets i hated every minute of it. Looking back though its an experience i have had and i look back on it fondly now.

if you get what i mean

Kids R gRAte when they are little .but they need a lot of comittment,money,understanding,help,love,more money.

Then they get older have boyfriends/girlfriends an they need comittment,Money etc

Then just when you fink you got it they have kids and they need comittment,Money (ang on I been ere)

its called life .......take the top off im outa here

i have 5 children 29,28,23,21,19, 3 girls 2 boys, while bringing them up was hard it never really stopped me doning what i wanted, in the 80s i was competing in local motorsport going to meetings towing my car 5 sprogs squished into a granada, they all now would be into cars owning nice road cars doing track days, drag racing, and daughter competing in local motorsport in my old car, they also have other varied interests and hobbies, but most important of all they are honest decent human beings with differing personalities and similar traits.

i love nothing better now than when my grandchild 2.1/2 when he sees a sunny day says to me "nana take your roof off and we go a spin"