Getting my first zed!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Coopers-SWB

Welcome to the nut house buddy.

Have a look in the buyers section at cars on this forum is your best bet as most of the cars in there have been well looked after.

Best advice I can give is to take your time and not go for the firat one you see, unless it is mint of course.

You might get a cheap car but it may cost you lots of money.

It might even be worth getting paul at SWZ, he's down your way, to have a look at it for you.

Good luck with the hunt.

Darrell

Best advise I can give you is: make sure you have a contingency fund available (to the tune of £1k~£1.5k). That is, on top of the purchase price and insurance cost. These cars have a habit of throwing costly wobblies ...

Other than that, once you have found the car you like have it serviced straight away (60K service, incl. timing belt and fluid/filter service). There are likely to be a number of additional parts that need changing (ie, oxygen sensors, etc). Get the car hooked up to a ConZult (preferably before you buy it) to run a full engine diagnostic. If possible, and the vendor allows you to do so, have a compression test and leak-down test done - this will indicate the general condition of the engine's internal state.

At your budget I should expect you to find an early (ie 90-93) example that requires some work (be it engine and/or body).

There are a few for sale on here at the moment so don't forget to look in the Cars for Sale section.

HTH

Dan

Well speedwell realy, but yeah that would be great if u dont mind looking at some with me,much appreciated! P.s dont suppose no sum1 called max nailer?

Well i live in syston common so you are only just up the road. And no i dont know that name

Guest Chutney
Make sure its Manual ;)

I find that harsh.... I've a TT auto and have great fun with it...:)

It's slower by a nats chuff to 62, but quicker to 100 (not that I ever speed of course :-))

If it's a track car...Manual ALL THE WAY.... on the open road (or should I say stuck in traffic) auto is far simpler and easier to live with imho. This manual/auto rivalry is getting old...they are all 300zx at the end of the day and as long as the flag keeps flying for the old girl, I'm a happy man.

So in an auto, you can't dump the clutch and generate a 40ft eleven on the tarmac, but the price of these tyres...I wouldn't want to. :rofl: