How much.....

Ok, my next step is to up the boost, car is uk manual has veilside evolution exhaust and stillen induction kit. Running stock turbos at the mo so would need to be a bit carefull?

I have been advised to use an electric boost controller, @£445. As manual controller not so accurate? i pressume this includes the chip and remap although this isnt specified on quote.

Also told a fuel cut defencer would be needed too @£95

This all comes with a labour bill of £400-£450 + vat

So a bill of over £1000 is expected. Would this be about right? Your advise plz on best wat to up the boost. many thanks

carl

thanks Krsmayo, i've read a lot about boost jets but am not sure about using them as still got stock tubs, to be honest im a little confused about them.

I was thinking of a controller so its also there for the future for when the big mods come + i can control the boost so i cant over work the stock tubs

Each to his own and all, but boost jets really arn't a good thing to do to your car. I never had any problems on my old car, then the engine went bang! They are susceptible to boost spikes which can cause damage over time, you also get a lot of extra functions on an electronic boost controller that make them well worthwhile. Do your car a favour and spend the extra cash and do it properly. Also time spent having it properly set up (eg Thor racing or similar) is worth its weight in gold.

a controller is good so you can turn the boost down for the wet etc, i'm still running standars tubs and 14-15 psi is about the max for them without cooking them. Give Andy P a shout he has a good range of chips for different set ups and he can also fit them , and hes in essex too