Z failed noise test for track day

Hi all,

I'm booked in for a track day in december at Goodwood, but the day has a limit of 98dB.

I was a little worried I would struggle with the noise, even though I wouldn't call my Z loud by any means. The left side exhaust put out 99dB and the right side put out 101dB.

I'm glad I went along to have it checked so at least I know before the event, but I don't think there's much I can do, 3dB doesn't sound a whole lot but it's actually quite a bit to chase in terms of cost.

Looks like I'll be taking my dad's rather docile RX8.

Unless anyone has some magical tips??

Cheers all

Get a good exhaust shop to make you up a set of exhaust bungs.

It'll quiet the car enough to pass the noise test, then pull them out when no one is looking.

Zed #2: 1998 Midnight Purple 2+2 NA. (owned 2020 - now) 

Zed #1: 1995 Blue Slicktop NA (2013-2015)

if you have round tips u can buy exhaust bungs that will drop the DB down ... i have used them on tracks before ..

Ebay .. ready made from 7 quid each

I wouldn't recommend these I was talking to a few companies who made exhausts and a few other people who say they can damage the engine as you have a free flowing exhaust then a bung that really disrupts the flow, I was told by the guys that made them not to fit one to my pulsar with side exit I made

Thanks for your help so far guys! I have 4 exhaust tips, individual silencers or bungs sound like the only choice, as my exhaust has no joins until the turbo downpipes, so there's nowhere to interrupt and put a silencer in mid way through. How do these bungs work mark?